Ontario Deer Tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Ontario Deer Tags

Post by ComfyBear »

Today I went online to print my Ontario Resident Deer Tag. I wasn't able to do. When I went online, all I could see and print was my Licence Summary. The system states that my tag has already been printed. Also, I wasn't able to see if I was successful for an antlerless tag. I tried to call the automated number for my results, and it states that there's no draw results for my Outdoors Card.

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble or was unable to print their Deer Tag.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Reinyrooster

Re: Ontario Deer Tags

Post by Reinyrooster »

I printed my summary yesterday but it doesn't say anything about the doe tag.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:54 pm
I printed my summary yesterday but it doesn't say anything about the doe tag.
You say that you printed your summary. Did you also print out your actual Deer Licence/Tag? If you did print your Tag, it will state on it whether you can harvest an antlerless deer and the WMU it's good for. If it doesn't, then you can only hunt antlered deer in any WMU.

The first time I tried to print my licence, only the summary showed up. The actual licence was suppose to appear on a second page, but it did not. However, since I printed the summary without the licence, the second time I tried to print it, I was only able to print my summary. I contacted the MNRF and I got it all straighten out. They reset it and I was able to see and print both my summary and licence. Apparently when you print out your summary there's a second page which only appears the first time you try to print it. After that if you try to print it again, only the summary is available for printing.
As far as the antlerless tag I did not get one, not because I wasn't drawn, but rather because the system failed to recognize that I had applied and was eligible. IMO this new system is flawed and has glitches.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Both deer tags printed I'm good to go! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

The summary was the only thing visible and the only thing that printed.....guess I'll have to call the MNR as well and get that straightened out.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 pm
The summary was the only thing visible and the only thing that printed.....guess I'll have to call the MNR as well and get that straightened out.
Hopefully you'll get through. I was trying since yesterday and the two numbers listed (1-800-387-7011 & 1-800-667-1940) were ALWAYS busy.
After searching high and low for a way to contact them, I found the website below that listed the numbers to supervisory staff.
If you call either of the two top Employee numbers you'll at least get a voicemail. Leave a message and they will get back to you.

http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/home.html#orgProfile/5548/en

Meanwhile you can call the automated line 1-800-288-1155, which is open 24/7. Follow the instructions and input your Outdoors Card number to check if you were drawn for a doe tag. Unfortunately when I did yesterday and today, I got a message stating that there's no results regarding my doe tag. Like I said in my post above when I bought my licence online and applied for a doe tag, the online system did not acknowledge my application.
Hopefully the same did not happen to you.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Awesome, thanks for the info. Sounds like a real messed up system.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Comfy Bear, thanks for the great info. After an email and a few calls back and forth with the MNR, I did get good service and finally was able to print off by doe tag.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:12 pm
Comfy Bear, thanks for the great info. After an email and a few calls back and forth with the MNR, I did get good service and finally was able to print off by doe tag.
You're welcome.
Congrats on your success in getting a doe tag?
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Thanks.......now let's just see what date I get assigned for getting a new hip to see if I will actually get to try out my new Micro this season.