Silent Night 308 Short

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Froghunter

Silent Night 308 Short

Post by Froghunter »

Hey Gals and Guy,

Was asked by a forum member to post my 308 Short in this section, it’s nothing special. It’s a tool build for a job of hunting in a ground blind which I enjoy! The two below are getting the seams sealed and silicone seal sprayed.

Okay back to Silent Night which started out as a Excalibur 308 in Muddy Girl Serenity and was purchased because of the black rail and riser. A black cheek piece and x-tender added, along with air brakes (have taken them off) and R.E.D.S., and finally two new strings from Keith which are awesome!

After shooting her for about 16 months, she was taken apart and the limbs and stock painted with Duplicolor flat black vinyl and fabric paint completed her and she is ready for blind hunting! 😀

Silent Night was shooting a 375 grain arrow on average of 295.8 FPS with the air brakes on and one limb is marked 70 and other is marked 71. She is very accurate at crossbow range and the trigger is good enough for hunting with a supporting tripod.

Thanks, Enjoy, and Good Hunting!
Deerhide Brown Vixen, Vari Zone Scope, Flemish String,
GT Swift Pro 18”, 110 Grain Insert

Silent Night (308 Short), Dead Zone Scope, Flemish String, B.E. Zombie Slayers 15”, 110 Grain Insert

😎
janesy

Re: Silent Night 308 Short

Post by janesy »

:thumbup: nice, how's the paint holding up on the limbs?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Nice job, great looking bow :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great looking bow
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Buck

Post by Buck »

Great looking bow.... Love the compact size, light weight, and accuracy of the 308. Sure you compromise a little speed, but it’s certainly capable enough to fill the freezer at reasonable distances.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Black is beautiful! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Great looking Excal now it's time to break her in and get you a deer with it.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

sharp
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... just came back from Bass Pro Shop in NH... they didn’t have much of a selection... no 340 AXE... they did have a 308 Short... being height challenged it really is a nice fit... other thAn the fact that I would have to buy a charger for cocking .... I probably would be interested if I was looking for another bow...

..... btw I walked out of BPS only spending 29.99 after about a hour n a half... unheard of for me... don’t know if it’s because I know I can buy the products on line cheaper or I am starting to realize that I have way too much hunting stuff!🤔

..... either way I got out unscathed!👍

Anthony😁
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Froghunter

Post by Froghunter »

janesy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 am
Not such what the expectations of each individual are when adding paint to an Excalibur Crossbow, but somethings to consider.

The above picture is of paint covering a chip or piece of the original finish that has separated from the limb and I feel that has no bearing on the performance or functional integrity of the limb. Just one of those things that happens. I could have lightly sanded the area and painted over it with no ill effects.

The two about picture are the outside close up of each limb under stress or crossbow in the cocked position. The lines (parallel with limbs) that look like cracks are not, but are voids in the material (probably some type of resin). These are on both the inside (belly of the limb) and outside (back of the limb) surface. So far with about 75 shots Silent Night has no cracking of the painted limbs!👍🏻

One area that does wear is where the stringer groove is and not much can be done about this! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hope others which more experience may add on or correct my findings/believes.

Silent Night (308 Short), Dead Zone Scope, Flemish String, B.E. Zombie Slayers 15”, 110 Grain Insert

😎
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony wrote:... being height challenged it really is a nice fit... other thAn the fact that I would have to buy a charger for cocking .... I probably would be interested if I was looking for another bow...
Anthony, If you're seriously going to buy another Excalibur, I would "highly" recommend the AXE Kryptec, with all the "bells & whistles".
Until I bought the AXE I didn't realize how "loud" my other Excaliburs are. :o
Last night I was shooting my AXE for a bit, then I decided to take a few shots with my Matrix 350 LE which is equipped with the Dr. Stirrup dB Killers Limb Silencers and Stoppers. The difference was like night and day. The Matrix had a high pitch twangy sound, while with the AXE the only sound I noticed was the arrow hitting the target.

I wasn't the only one to notice the difference. My wife happened to be in the basement while I was doing so. The first shot I took with the Matrix startled her, :shock: and she commented how much louder it was in comparison to the AXE.

IMO, the AXE is a real winner on many counts, not only for it's price point.
I certainly appreciate owning the AXE more with each and every passing day, and I'm sure others would agree.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Nice looking rig. that turned out very well.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Froghunter

Post by Froghunter »

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the “Awesome Comments”

Deer Season for Me Starts on the First of September!

I am really looking forward to this deer season! 🤘

Enjoy and Be Safe!

😎
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck to you, very nice bow for sure!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Froghunter wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:11 pm
janesy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 am
Not such what the expectations of each individual are when adding paint to an Excalibur Crossbow, but somethings to consider.

The above picture is of paint covering a chip or piece of the original finish that has separated from the limb and I feel that has no bearing on the performance or functional integrity of the limb. Just one of those things that happens. I could have lightly sanded the area and painted over it with no ill effects.

The two about picture are the outside close up of each limb under stress or crossbow in the cocked position. The lines (parallel with limbs) that look like cracks are not, but are voids in the material (probably some type of resin). These are on both the inside (belly of the limb) and outside (back of the limb) surface. So far with about 75 shots Silent Night has no cracking of the painted limbs!👍🏻

One area that does wear is where the stringer groove is and not much can be done about this! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hope others which more experience may add on or correct my findings/believes.

Nice to hear the paint is holding on the limbs. I've been curious about this for a while
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme