Season is almost here.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buck

Re: Season is almost here.

Post by Buck »

NJ allows unlimited doe and limited antlered harvests in almost the entire state. The below reflects the majority of Regulation Sets throughout the State:

Fall Bow - Unlimited Doe , 1 Antlered.

Extended Permit Bow - Unlimited Doe , 1 Antlered

Permit Muzzeloader - Unlimited Doe, 1 Antlered ( 2 if extra buck tag purchased )

6-Day Shotgun - Unlimited Doe, 2 Antlered

Extended Permit Shotgun - Unlimited Doe, + 1 Antlered (if only 1 was taken during the regular 6 day)

Winter Bow - Unlimited Doe, 1 Antlered

The bow season runs pretty much uninterrupted from 9/19 through 2/20. The others run during dates within the bow season.

If you buy all the licenses and permits you can take as many Doe as you want and upto 7 Antlered.

Some zones limit antler points to 3 on one side. As you can see, there is a lot of potential and I’m amazed that we still have mature deer here.
Last edited by Buck on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That is a lot of bucks. Indiana is a one buck only state with an opportunity for a second if you have a place to hunt that is in a reduction zone, private property of course, and you must tag a doe using a reduction tag first!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Here in SE Wi I get 1buck tag and 2 doe tags for $24.
I can buy bonus doe tags at $12 a tag up to the 600 quota for my area. Very few bonus tags are sold because there is very little access to the surrounding hunting land.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Here in Texas season kicks off September 28th.
Went out the other day to cut back a few limbs around the old ladder stand. Make sure no pesky, stinging "critters" had built nest in or around the place.
It's been super dry this summer. Had a lot of the wet stuff during the spring. Some of the good Lord's wet stuff would sure be a blessing right now. Lots of greenery still around but it's fading fast. The heat and humidity doesn't help much either.
Got a nice 10 point I've been chasing for 3 years now. Hope 2019 proves to be his undoing if the Lord's willing!! :eusa-pray:

I wish everyone great success for 2019 and beyond!

From the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!
A
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!