Boo

Re: Mico 335 Nightmare limb spintering

Post by Boo »

Don't you guys think speculating on speed is kinda bizzaro? :wtf:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

jansey wrote:If you send them the riser only then you probably have a 315. If you sent the whole bow they usually swap the rail too so you maintain a 335 model
I don't know if what you say holds true. As far as I as know there's no difference between the rails of similar models. I do know that there's a difference between early and later generation risers and limbs.

The fact is that Excalibur has modified the shape of their risers and beefed up their limbs where they enter the limb pockets. Therefore, that being the case, if all else is equal, one should gain, not lose speed. However, it's a known fact that not all limbs are created equal. Different limbs have different deflection rates. I suppose if one were to have one's limbs replaced with limbs that were not beefed up or that had more deflection, then I would think that one would lose speed.

In my case, I've noticed that my Matrix 380 is harder to cock and seems to hit harder since I swapped my limbs.
I also read other posters stating that their Excaliburs shoot faster after they got their limbs replaced.
Buck' wrote:Micro 335- Closer to a 360 after Excalibur’s Warranty Service
That being said, does it really make a difference. As long as your crossbow is reliable and gets the job done, then all is good.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
RobD

Post by RobD »

ComfyBear wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 am
jansey wrote:If you send them the riser only then you probably have a 315. If you sent the whole bow they usually swap the rail too so you maintain a 335 model
I don't know if what you say holds true. As far as I as know there's no difference between the rails of similar models. I do know that there's a difference between early and later generation risers and limbs.
What he is referring to here is that on the Micro 335 there are two Generations of this model. Gen I and Gen II had different deflection angles in their risers. For Gen II with the more relaxed angle, to maintain the 335fps rating they had to extend the riser by a little bit. So if a Gen I gets just the riser swapped to the "fixed" Gen II design, it will be a 315fps bow.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
janesy

Post by janesy »

RobD wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:12 am
ComfyBear wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 am
What he is referring to here is that on the Micro 335 there are two Generations of this model. Gen I and Gen II had different deflection angles in their risers. For Gen II with the more relaxed angle, to maintain the 335fps rating they had to extend the riser by a little bit. So if a Gen I gets just the riser swapped to the "fixed" Gen II design, it will be a 315fps bow.
Correct. Last year, Buck had his riser returned machined if I recall correctly. For some reason I thought Goose52 had a GEN1 335, but I may be wrong, it is Tuesday.
But there was another member who had a gen2 riser installed on their GEN1 335 last year some time. Effectively reducing their bow(to my favorite size) 315.
Had they sent in their rail as well, it would have also been swapped. Can't recall who that was.

As Boo mentioned guessing speed is crazy. I was only refering to model connotations. Regardless, every make and model has limb failures.
Last edited by janesy on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Thanks RobD, that's good to know.
I knew about the Gen I and II risers, but I didn't know that they had lengthen the rail to compensate. One never stops learning.

I suppose that's what inspired the invent of the Axe 340. They reduced the length and changed the shape of its riser and increased the length of its rail, and gained 5 fps in the process.

I'm glad I waited for the Axe.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

janesy wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:58 am
Goose52 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 am
ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am
Goose, one has to remember that the 335 fps that's advertised is the maximum using a 350 gr. arrow. Personally I refuse to use anything under 400gr. with my Excaliburs. I also use a heavier string, since I'm not interested having a "speed demon" crossbow. My main priority is to reduce the vibration on my Excaliburs.
well, CB, my arrows weigh 408 grains so i was already down to around 315 fps. if the new limbs & riser i got from danny miller are 20 fps slower than the originals, then i'm actually closer to 300 fps. i'm not that concerned about the speed but i paid for a 335. the faster the excal, the more it costs. 315's are around $160 cheaper than a 335 on amazon. i'm only going by what bill told me and without a chrony i won't really know what speed my bow is shooting. i was surprised to hear that buck picked up 25 fps. good on him. maybe i did too. mine seems about the same to cock. as long as it doesn't fail during the season i'll be satisfied. and speaking of the season, it's now 18 days away and my son is getting more pics and of better bucks than ever before. we've had morning temps in the low 40's- feels like i should be sitting in a stand, not typing at a desk!
If you send them the riser only then you probably have a 315. If you sent the whole bow they usually swap the rail too so you maintain a 335 model
They told me to send them the riser only so I guess my in the unopened box 335 is a 315 lol wouldn't be surprised when I opened the box I was less than impressed with the contents worlds apart from when I opened the box to my exomax !
janesy

Post by janesy »

I apologize to the OP for hyjacking your thread. I didn't mean to open a can of worms that has been opened 100 times before.

I thought I was refering one specific incident, however I was Cleary mistaken.

Pointy ends first fellas :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

->>------------>
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Hey it’s still a while before hunting starts up so we r all a little bored and looking for stuff to complain about.😉
Boo

Post by Boo »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm
Hey it’s still a while before hunting starts up so we r all a little bored and looking for stuff to complain about.😉
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Not long ago a co worker who is kind of a jerk on most days and complains most of the time, said to me in a miserable mood , " so, hows life?"

I said "Life is great and life is grand"
" TRY IT SOMETIME" and I smiled.

The next day he actually said to me " thank you Norm, for saying that yesterday."
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

:wave: :wave: :wave:
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

To hijack this thread a little more just got off the phone with my buddy in Montana and he said he has never seen so many mule deer and pronghorn hanging around as this year so yup life is good !!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Timbr...you're not hi-jacking, but rather steering the thread to a better place. :clap:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

dithian

Post by dithian »

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. As always, the warranty department fired up right away and new limbs are in the mail.