Long limb vs. short limb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Re: Long limb vs. short limb

Post by BrotherRon »

vixenmaster wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 pm
Not a thing wrong wid Force 10 material n it has elasticity, it is a a very good material. What you don't want on Recurves material wid vectran in it
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them...they just don't have the elasticity that other string materials do.
When going from a factory string to a Force 10 string on the 355 I had I could really notice a difference in vibration/string shock.
I do believe that some string materials are easier on the limbs than other materials.
As stated by others here, I do believe that most of the limb issues have be addressed by Excalibur.
I think there are several factors that can contribute to limb failure.....
Is string material one of them? I think it is a possible contributor, as is arrow weight!
The more speed we want from these limbs adds more stress, and a string with more shot shock/vibration can also add to the stress.
There are a few things we can do to reduce the amount of stress on the limbs, and a more forgiving string is only one of them. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Goose52

Re: Long limb vs. short limb

Post by Goose52 »

bcbuckblaster wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 pm
Wow!!! Thank you so very much to every single person who replied with their own personal input! That is why this site is so valuable, getting real world answers from people who actually use the products.
not to mention the entertainment value!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE