New back up bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OhioXBowhunter

New back up bow

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Went to Cabela’s and Field & Stream last week was looking hard at the 360 TD ended up shooting the new Axe, the 360 TD and finally the Bulldog 440 ended up with the 440 finally got to shoot it today and I’m speechless this thing is sweeet my only problem was finding a target to stop the bolts the first target I shot at was my 18-1 took me about 20 minutes to get that bolt out, the second target I shot at was the new 6x6 I just bought and it took about 30 minute to get one of the two bolts out of it my last target was my Morrell target and it worked great after shooting about 30 shots all I can say is my 405 will be the back up this season. The new charger crank is a piece of art I thought the C2 was nice to use after using this charger there is no comparison. The new tact 100 scope is very clear. I will be shooting more later this week and next I’ll post more reviews the way this bow is shooting I’ll have it fine tuned in no time. Another excellent product from Excalibur as far as the 340 and the 360 go I shot both of these and they were also excellent bows if I’d had enough money I’d bought them all.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
xcaliber

Re: New back up bow

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds sweet, congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

All right! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Hmm maybe I do need a backup bow! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Congrats, glad you like the 440. I'm sure it will serve you well. Personally I like my Axe, because I still can cock it with the rope cocker.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Buck

Post by Buck »

The 440 daily driver with the 405 backup seems like keeping the Porsche in the garage in case there is an issue with the Ferrari.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Well I’ve got about 100 bolts through the 440 this thing is nice the foot stir-up has a rubber coating which is nice,the arrow retainer is also rubber coated I didn’t care for this at first but have grown to like it definitely keeps the bolt held in place. It didn’t take long to sight this bow in the tact 100 scope is nice and is clear and crisp I can only compare it to the twilight DLX on my 405 which is also nice but it is a lot larger than the tact 100. The charger crank is a piece of art compared to my C2 crank I did have one problem when I used it where I cranked it to much and was unable to get it released I then got on Excalibur’s site (video how to use charger) and saw what I did wrong and was able to get it to work. With the charger you can shoot about 5 bolts in the amount of time it takes me to shoot 2 bolts using the C2. The bow is your typical Excalibur deadly accurate and a lot of fun to shoot I’ve only shot out to 30 yards and I’ll move out further next week. The only problem I had with this bow is I ruined 4 bolts while sighting the scope in and aiming at the same spot twice. And I didn’t like the new Proflight bolts only because they used an aluminum insert instead of the brass ones Black Eagle uses and they moved the vanes closer to the nock.The total weight on the Proflight bolts are 379 grains with a 125 tip compared to the BEZs that I use are 429 grains I got far better grouping with the BEZs compared to the Proflights. I did shoot about 6 shots with one of my Lumenok BEZs and never had any problems using them.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Sounds like a winner congrats on the new bow.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads