Metal lbex continues to impress me

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Metal lbex continues to impress me

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/mP6XWBH8]Image
I'm gonna try to kill a deer with my new Phoenix this year but tonight l had the ibex out this is my 50 yard group.
I wont shoot at a deer past 40 but it's nice to have confidence in your setup. This little 305fps bow just seems to be my favorite out of em all.
I love this tac driver.Either the factory gave it a heavenly trigger or previous owner had a trigger job l dont know but it is right on par with a trigger tec.
Perfect windless night for shooting.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: Metal lbex continues to impress me

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/mz6CtgT5]Image
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

i'm impressed! nice shooting.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Ibex with the SMF rail was very accurate also. Nice shooting LBJ.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Very nice grouping. How do you like the Dr Stirrup DB killer add on?
Wayne
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

The longer limbed models especially the lighter poundage models had awesome triggers. It wasn't until draw weights climbed above 200 # or so that aftermarket triggers were even justified IMHO.
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The dr stirrup bumpers are way better than stock they are quieter and very durable. I did like the limb silencers but l think the new silicone factory excalibur silencers are better l actually have 2 on each limb of my Phoenix with very little speed loss and they really make the bow seem much "smoother " to shoot.l highly recommend them .
Last edited by longbow joe on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/QHZ3ykjC]Image
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 pm
The dr stirrup bumpers are way better than stock they are quieter and very durable. I did like the limb silencers but l think the new silicone factory excalibur silencers are better l actually have 2 on each limb of my Phoenix with very little speed loss and they really make the bow seem much "smoother " to shoot.l highly recommend them .
I agree that the Excalibur silencers work very well. Even though the Axe only uses one on each of its limbs, it is a lot quieter than my Matrix. I know you have two on each of your limbs, but I wonder if two are really needed.

Also, I notice that you've mounted yours differently than the way mine came from the factory. Two of the "knobbies"/whiskers on each silencer on your limbs face vertically, and two face horizontally. Whereas on mine, two face down-range and two face towards the shooter. Take a look at the pic below to see what I mean. I would surmise that since they came that way from the factory, that is the way they were meant to be mounted.
You might like to try rotating yours and see if it makes any difference to the sound of your bow.

ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Comfy l didnt think it's that in depth ... the silicone material simply absorbs the vibes. I will try turning them and see. I know that its important to stay away from the limb hinge area then you will see a speed loss.
Two probably are not needed per limb l stated earlier that it was probably overkill .
The extra proved a loss of about 1 fps. The catwhiskers are the biggest slow down of about 4 fps. The bows is still 40 fps faster than my vixen 2 and and about 43 fps slower than my 335 micro so I'm really not worried about speed it's never been a worry for me.
In a whole the complete new Phoenix is extremely quiet as a package. People might argue but l think the db bars are basically useless for the weight they add and the minimal silencing they do.l removed them and dont miss them at all. They make great duck decoy anchors lol.
To me it's not necessarily about quiet .the bow just shoots more friendly l think.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on great shooting with your Ibex

I always wanted an Ibex but I never bought one because I ended up buying a Vortex. The Vortex was my 1st Excalibur before buying the Matrix 380 when they came out. I knew the Ibex was a great model to have in the longer limb models and I would have eventually bought one until they came out with the Matrix models.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads