A little tip

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

A little tip

Post by xcaliber »

I use the new crank, EXT Charger, or whatever it is called. I like to leave it on all the time, but the darn thing rattles about and makes a bit of noise. You old timers may remember Mole Skin. It is a felt like material usually in a camo pattern of sorts with one side sticky like a decal sort of. Anyway, I put that on my Micro's in a few spots to deaden the bumping noise, or metallic sound, and it works nice. It's like mini bumpers strategically placed one piece at a time. :thumbup:
Last edited by xcaliber on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Re: A little tip

Post by Bcxbow »

Great tip Dan :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I believe in the really old days it really was Mole skin.
Remember the Cheesey animals in the gift shop from Russia made of cat pelts and whatever they skinned.
.....and we bought em. Lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:lol: :lol:
Going back a bit there Joe. I still have my first compound bow hanging in the garage, and OLD Browning. I should post a pic! Painted leafs in black over olive drab, funny that I never remember getting busted with that bow, missed a few though! :lol: :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I had a nomad it was a glued together recurve bow with wheels. Very simple non adjustable.
Then l got a deluxe nomad .a very beautiful bow with glossy wood... l fixed it .....l camo spray bombed the crap outta it. Great times with it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/qzJXK8zD]Image
My bad was a cobra wow that was a long time ago
Took me 4 years to kill a deer with a bow
Tom

Post by Tom »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:15 pm
Going back a bit there Joe. I still have my first compound bow hanging in the garage, and OLD Browning. I should post a pic! Painted leafs in black over olive drab, funny that I never remember getting busted with that bow, missed a few though! :lol: :lol:
I have not heard much about Browning compound bows. My first bow (hunting) was a "Browning Bushmaster" compound with a terrific 50% letoff :roll: , remember the old times.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Great tip Dan, I love that! My first compound was a 1987 Hoyt Gamegetter II....about a 54" axle to axle, 11" brace height, steel cables on round wheels and an endless loop string on teardrops off the cables...and 83lbs draw weight. Launching 32" 2219XX75's at a whopping 222fps. Lol. It was state of the art. :lol: I still have it in the museum.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Tom wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:24 pm
xcaliber wrote:
I have not heard much about Browning compound bows. My first bow (hunting) was a "Browning Bushmaster" compound with a terrific 50% letoff :roll: , remember the old times.

Tom
Tom, mine is the Bushmaster as well. :lol: :lol:
Tom

Post by Tom »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:25 am
Tom wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:24 pm
xcaliber wrote:

Tom
Tom, mine is the Bushmaster as well. :lol: :lol:
Your bow is the only other one I have heard of :eusa-clap: in all these years

I loved that bow, such a small compact bow, 37.5" axel to axel, 38.5" overall max size. The arrows in the quiver was almost larger :lol: . I got it used in 79 or 80 (sorry old memory :roll: ). Unfortunately I dislocated my shoulder and could not draw the bow without the fear of it dislocating again, just not safe. Fortunately, in Ontario we were able to use crossbows so I was able to continue hunting with a borrowed Astro Daco Scropion. Then I found Bill and bought my Excalibur in 83.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]