Slick Trick Questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Re: Slick Trick Questions

Post by W.Miguire »

As far as the slick trick BH if I chose to shoot them I shoo the Grisstrick 2 it has a 1 1/4 " cut and leaves a good blood trail it is not for crossbows but they are so strong it does not matter. and they fly good out of my bows.
W.M.
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Deerstalker,

What kind of fletching are you using and is it off-set or helical?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

2" Blazer's with helo.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

W.Miguire wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:42 am
As far as the slick trick BH if I chose to shoot them I shoo the Grisstrick 2 it has a 1 1/4 " cut and leaves a good blood trail it is not for crossbows but they are so strong it does not matter. and they fly good out of my bows.
W.M.
x2. My Micro loves them. So far everything I've shot with them has fell within sight. It doesn't get much better than that.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I used the 100 grain SS Standards last year and killed my buck with them. He died very quickly and left a decent amount of blood on the ground. In the past when I used them with a compound and hadn’t been as large of a blood trail. They are very accurate. Blades seem to always be buggered up after I shoot them into deer. I think the standards fly the best.
rej

Post by rej »

I use the Slicktrick 150 and 175 gr. xbow magnums and they are very accurate. you don't have to use inserts which keeps it simple and dependable. the 150 gr. usually pass through and there is always massive bleeding. I got the 175 gr. at a yard sale, still packaged and with 175 gr. target tips for practice. POI is slightly higher than the 150,s so no need for sighting adjustments. these really deserve the magnum name as the extra mass drives them hard. You can buy replacement blades for the Slicktricks. Good luck with your testing. Since I found those 175,s in an unexpected place I have taken to checking out of the way places for gear and found a lot of out of production gear of high quality at very good pricing.