Is everyone ready?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Is everyone ready?

Post by Boo »

Just a reminder to shoot your bows and check your equipment. I'll start with some suggestions and hopefully some of you will add some more.
Shoot your bow as much as time permits and within reason. Fifty shots? Shoot it at targets further out than you intend to shoot.
Check all of your fasteners for tightness. This means everything including your trigger unit to mainframe fasteners.
Take a good hard look at your serving.
Take your limbs off and inspect for any damage.
Check your arrows, mount your broadheads and check that the broadhead spins true.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Buck

Re: Is everyone ready?

Post by Buck »

Thank you for the check list.

Good luck to all and be Safe!!
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Cocked locked and ready to rock ! Bring on the hunt !
Normous

Post by Normous »

I prefer my optic lenses very clean, smudge and dust free. Before my season I clean them well with the appropriate products.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Don't forget to take a couple shots with the broadheads as well to confirm that they hit the same as your field points .

I will admit I don't shoot my 335 as much as I would like to as I'm afraid it will break lol I'm hoping this is the first year I don't have an issue with it hunting ! New scope, new string , new riser and 2 sets of new limbs plus the anchor as a back up :eusa-pray:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The two Micro's are ready, of course I will be shooting off hand at the 3D deer target just to stay sharp, pun intended! :eusa-doh: Good tips Don, hope everyone has an enjoyable season, and safe as well! I met a guy & his son at the archery range Saturday, he had fallen out of a tree hanging a stand. This happened three years ago, and he is just getting up the nerve to head back into the woods, but no stands for him anymore. He broke both arms, his back has some damage, broke several ribs trying to to grab the tree on the way down, and shattered one leg below the knee. Needless to say he is glad to still be here, but has life long issues to deal with. He is 61 years old right now, and if it were not for his injuries, he would be in tip top shape.
Please remember to be safe for those that love you, and depend on you!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:10 am
The two Micro's are ready, of course I will be shooting off hand at the 3D deer target just to stay sharp, pun intended! :eusa-doh: Good tips Don, hope everyone has an enjoyable season, and safe as well! I met a guy & his son at the archery range Saturday, he had fallen out of a tree hanging a stand. This happened three years ago, and he is just getting up the nerve to head back into the woods, but no stands for him anymore. He broke both arms, his back has some damage, broke several ribs trying to to grab the tree on the way down, and shattered one leg below the knee. Needless to say he is glad to still be here, but has life long issues to deal with. He is 61 years old right now, and if it were not for his injuries, he would be in tip top shape.
Please remember to be safe for those that love you, and depend on you!
So remember to bring and use all of your tree stand safety equipment?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You bet! He was hanging one of the hang on models, and said he had a few branches below where he hung his stand. He was on the way down and took his harness loop off to get under a branch, and then he somehow lost balance and fell. I quit using the hang on style several years ago because they scared me to death.

Good idea to check your safety harnesses over too!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'm ready and very excited. I only use ladderstands if there is a 30' lifeline attached to it.
I really like ground hunting from a natural blind. Good luck to everyone.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
RobD

Post by RobD »

I just went through my bows and made sure all of the fasteners were tight. My 380 Xtra had a slightly loose limb bolt. I also verified the level of the scopes.

Another overlooked item for Boo's list is to verify the string is set to the proper brace height. Strings do stretch over time, some more than others. They aren't always sitting where they were when you put the bow away many months ago.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!