Insert glue choices

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Insert glue choices

Post by Boo »

If you're going to use hot melt glue, use the industrial stuff. Since the faster some glues set, the weaker the bond, make sure the shaft and inserts are warm so it take it's time to harden. Knurling works well but be gentle as not to increase the diameter of the insert and check fit each time as Norm suggested. Acetone is pretty much a must as well as a 30 cal bore brush.
One things for sure, it's hard to beat the bonding ability of a slow set epoxy.
Joe, you're in the glass industry, how about some urethane? It's something I've wanted to try. It sticks really well to everything and it keeps people from being ejected in a car accident.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Eww urethane.......great stuff ....l hate to think of it outside of work that's some nasty goo. I never was impressed with the way it adheres to the fiberglass motorhomes otherwise l would have tried it boo.maby l will do an experiment. Thanks everyone for the great methods.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've been using super glue or color change Krazy Glue when I can find it. I've found it to work well on Blazers and inserts. The only issue I have found is that it is permanent. I've never been able to get an insert out once its glued. I've been cleaning with acetone, but haven't needed to scuff the shafts or inserts.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....again this is what I have been using over the last 3 years. It actually becomes rubbery and is superfluous to any weather changes...never had an insert decide to make a home inside a target :eusa-snooty: ....
:eusa-clap:

.....it is from Big Jim Archery:

https://bigjimsbowcompany.com/product/quick-stick-hot-melt-glue/

....I love it! :eusa-dance: :thumbup:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »