POI shifting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

POI shifting

Post by confederate »

Hello members, I need some help troubleshooting a problem. Was shooting My Matrix 330 at 20 yards off a rest and it was drilling perfect. I had probably shot 15 arrows when it just started hitting 2 inches right exactly every shot. I resighted and had it hitting again. The next day I went out to shoot and it was hitting 2 inches left exactly. I checked every screw for tightness, checked the tiller and looked for cracks in the limbs. I called Danny Miller and he said it had to be the scope. I sent mine to him and he replaced my 4 year old scope for free. I put the new scope on sighted it in at 20yards. Just as I got it sighted at 40 yards it started hitting 4 inches right. I moved target to 20 yards and it was hitting 2 inches right. I removed the scope and anti dryfire and I did find a screw on the trigger housing loose and tightened it. Havent shot it since I tightened it but cant imagine that screw being the problem. Any help yall can give me will be appreciated because Im all out of ideas. Thanks Guys
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
janesy

Re: POI shifting

Post by janesy »

That has trigger house screws written all over it. I think you've solved your problem
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

The two screws that mount the trigger box to the main frame are usually the problem because they get overlooked due to being unseen. You must remove the stock and looking at the bottom of the main frame you will see access holes to get at these two screws. It is a good idea to put a drop of blue loctite or fingernail polish on the threads of all mounting screws and let it cure for 24hrs before shooting and this will most likely cure your issues.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I use blue loctite on them and screw them in and go right back to shooting you don't have to let it cure . You will have to reset you scope in .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

sorry for the double post I use blue loctite on them and screw them in and go right back to shooting you don't have to let it cure . You will have to reset you scope in .
confederate

Post by confederate »

Thanks for the reply’s. I will remove the stock and tighten those trigger housing screws and see what happens. Again thanks Guys.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 am
That has trigger house screws written all over it. I think you've solved your problem
....totally agree. In fact this happened to my BIL whom I loaned BadaBing 8) to.....in fact it was worse....the trigger screw was loose which did not allow the TT trigger to set for firing...it would not go past the ADF....once tightened it was good as new....oh did I mention that he couldn't shoot the 8 pointer about 20 yds away because of the issue? :eusa-doh: ....Now it is hard to convince him that Excal is the best ....I will say he was shooting dead nuts at 60 at Monday's practice session off of sticks....

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
confederate

Post by confederate »

Funny thing about it is when it shifts it moves the exact same every time. 2 inches right at 20 yards. If I resight it and move it to the left, then when it moves again it will be exactly 2 inches to far to the left. Crazy. What ever is moving it’s the same every time.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

If you're still having this issue after tightening the trigger screws, could it be you're switching which eye you're using without realizing it? Can't figure out what else it could be.
dithian

Post by dithian »

While most of my accuracy issues have been traced back to having a loose screw (double entendre intended), I also have noticed my tendency to shoot a little to the right until I've warmed up/taken a few shots. When I botch a shot, I almost always do it by pulling rather than squeezing the trigger. Because I'm right handed, I invariable pull to the right. I've taught myself to be extra aware of this when taking my first few shots, and especially when hunting—kill shots are pretty much always taken cold. By paying extra careful attention, I've minimized that issue.

The scope that came with my M330 failed after about a year. I imagine, as with everything, Excalibur's scopes have improved. I put a Hawke XB30 on the bow and I've been very happy with it.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Barrel is heating up or Chinese scope
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Ferguson Outfitters wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm
Barrel is heating up or Chinese scope

Barrel is heating up on his crossbow ?
Last edited by Bcxbow on Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en its not the screws in your trigger assembly inside, ck the scope mt n rings. Also the stock screws that hold mainframe will do that
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

You should take your string and stock off and check every single fastener. Any loose screw will cause an erratic POI. Once, you've illuminated that you can move onto other things like the scope, shooter, serving etc. I makes no sense to target one part of the bow when you can possibly illuminate other future issues while you're taking part of the bow apart.
Every car that gets sold gets a PDI after it leaves the manufacturer, so if the shop that sells your bow doesn't do a complete check, that only leaves one person to do it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
confederate

Post by confederate »

Boo I did exactly that. I did find a screw very loose on the right side of trigger housing when I removed the ADF. Not sure what it does but I tightened it. Haven’t shot it yet to test it. Scope is new. Also removed the stock the check all screws but haven’t found any more.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340