Limb Just Snapped!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ram1590

Limb Just Snapped!!

Post by Ram1590 »

I was target shooting and set my Micro Suppressor down cocked because my dog was out and I put her back up.. Came back to find the limb had snapped off at the two bolts!! Anyone ever encountered this issue? I'm devastated!! Just sent my warranty claim in with pictures.. Do you think they will fix my baby? I tried to add picture but it keeps telling me they are to large.. Sorry
vixenmaster

Re: Limb Just Snapped!!

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes my 335 sheared the right limb off at the Riser while i was huntin in my climber last yr. They will fix it !
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mnlc90

Post by Mnlc90 »

They will take care of you and send you new limbs. You will have to install them though. Mine snapped the other day and it is the third time on my Micro 355. Peter from Excalibur has been great and indicated they have a new type of limb that will alleviate this issue. Don't worry too much, you just have to be able to install the limbs and a string.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

you will have to fill out an rma request . I did that for a few Excalibur crossbows latest was for my AXE right limb splinter top inside the limb not very big . Did rma on it sent a few pictures to Dawn new limbs are on the way.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

They will fix you up!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
janesy

Post by janesy »

This is the first Suppressor failure I've read about.
Dawn will have you back up and running in no time.

I might suggest that you buy a set of spare limbs just in case it ever happens again.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
dithian

Post by dithian »

A limb on my Micro 335 splintered recently. The warranty department had me back in action in less than a week. I know it's traumatic and the down time is a bummer, but only a minor blip in the big picture. Now, if it had snapped and knocked over your last beer you'd have something to cry about, though one would hope you wouldn't have an open bottle of beer next to a cocked crossbow to begin with. Not to worry. We feel your pain.
Ram1590

Post by Ram1590 »

Peter had me up and shooting in 3 days!! Excellent customer service!! Next issue is I ordered a string from Keith from on here. I know it's an upgrade from OEM but I have had to tighten it already after 4 bolts. Through it and today after 10 bolts it has stretched about a 1/4 inch. Is this normal? Hope I dont have to tighten it to many more times I wanna hunt soon with it! But can't get it dialled in like this...
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ram1590 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Peter had me up and shooting in 3 days!! Excellent customer service!! Next issue is I ordered a string from Keith from on here. I know it's an upgrade from OEM but I have had to tighten it already after 4 bolts. Through it and today after 10 bolts it has stretched about a 1/4 inch. Is this normal? Hope I dont have to tighten it to many more times I wanna hunt soon with it! But can't get it dialled in like this...
Totally normal. Crank the string up to 1/2" off the pads and shoot away. It will settle in nicely
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ram1590

Post by Ram1590 »

That's what I did today 1/2 in away from stoppers and it stretched to a 1/4 in by time I shot 10 bolts.. Just wondering if this is going to continue. At a 1/4 in it hits stoppers pretty good. 1/2in not as hard on stoppers. Going to remeasure when I get back tonight. Does Trinity still make strings for guys on here? Dont wanna use his name? Thanks!!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ram1590 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:31 pm
That's what I did today 1/2 in away from stoppers and it stretched to a 1/4 in by time I shot 10 bolts.. Just wondering if this is going to continue. At a 1/4 in it hits stoppers pretty good. 1/2in not as hard on stoppers. Going to remeasure when I get back tonight. Does Trinity still make strings for guys on here? Dont wanna use his name? Thanks!!
Everything is normal, don't worry how hard the string hits, I prefer to keep mine at 3/8 to 1/4. It may continue a bit more, but after a couple adjustments it'll be good for a long time. Don't forget your factory string was string high and sat in a box for a while before it got to you, lots of stretch removed before it got to you
And yes Keith is still making strings
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme