A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: A MAMMAL WITH A KEENER SENSE OF SMELL THAN A DEER

Post by amythntr »

....in the spirit of the various confessions as prompted by the original poster...oh, that's me :wtf: ....I am proud to announce that I will not spend any more money on (as Lou (ComfyBear)stated), "superfluous purchases" :eusa-snooty: ...I hereby claim and let it be noted in the record that as far as I am concerned NOTHING is a superfluous purchase :eusa-naughty: until which time as I venture into my basement and look at my "non" superfluous purchases and say, "what the heck was I thinking of when I bought this "non" superfluous purchase thinking I had to have it!" :eusa-doh:

....at that time and NOT before :eusa-naughty: will a non-superfluous purchase be moved on to the other side of the ledger and become a superfluous puchase. :oops:

Let it be written...

Anthony :eusa-popcorn:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think that too.do l really need it?
Instead of winning the lottery l simply would like to have the money wasted. On all the things l bought in 53 years that l did not need.
I'm talking about the soft pretzel, pack of gum ,wasted gas to a store that didn't have what l needed.you get me.l cant comprehend all the money spent on prom dresses toys and everything needed to raise 2 girls to age 20. Anddddd were still not done college.
Now that l had my health /artery scare last year I'm even less worried about it l could have dropped dragging my swamp buck out last year.
Thank God l didn't so I'm gonna live my life now thankful that l got up that day if l can pay my Bill's and go on vacation for a week every year I'm as happy as a clam. It's still a big treat when l get a new fishing rod or reel or a crossbow. Basically that's what makes me happy.
If l never have a 100 acres with a food plot with a clubhouse I'm perfectly content hunting in backyards and little wood lots here lts all good to be up and outside.
I get great pleasure in shooting as big of a buck as someone who spent 2000 dollars on a stupid "pay hunt".
I'm just a simple person
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Truth be known, most things we purchase are "superfluous" and not really needed. We get them because it makes us "feel" good, especially if we have the the "scratch" to do so. I must admit, I am possibly more guilty than most. :oops:

However, in my younger years I was very frugal. My philosophy was and still is, "One never misses what one never had." So, like Eddie Shack would say, I took care of the pennies, so that the dollars could take care of themselves. That afforded me the "luxury" of retiring at 51, with three daughters still in school. Hence forth all three graduated university, two becoming teachers, and the youngest a criminal lawyer. As most can imagine, that doesn't come cheap. :shock:

Now that they have be setup for success, I feel that the rest of my days belong to me and my wife. We both have come to realize that "it's later than we think". So I don't bat an eye when she spends on "superfluous" things, and she encourages me to acquire whatever "superfluous" things makes me happy. :eusa-shifty:

That folks are "true confessions of a dangerous mind" :P
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:46 pm
Truth be known, most things we purchase are "superfluous" and not really needed. We get them because it makes us "feel" good, especially if we have the the "scratch" to do so. I must admit, I am possibly more guilty than most. :oops:

However, in my younger years I was very frugal. My philosophy was and still is, "One never misses what one never had." So, like Eddie Shack would say, I took care of the pennies, so that the dollars could take care of themselves. That afforded me the "luxury" of retiring at 51, with three daughters still in school. Hence forth all three graduated university, two becoming teachers, and the youngest a criminal lawyer. As most can imagine, that doesn't come cheap. :shock:

Now that they have be setup for success, I feel that the rest of my days belong to me and my wife. We both have come to realize that "it's later than we think". So I don't bat an eye when she spends on "superfluous" things, and she encourages me to acquire whatever "superfluous" things makes me happy. :eusa-shifty:

Lou, it helps to have some pension money and wife that works :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:Lou, it helps to have some pension money and wife that works :eusa-dance:
Neither came easy! It came after many years of sacrifice and planning, staying the course and doing whatever it took to achieve our desired goals. As the Bible states, "AS YOU SOW, YOU SHALL REAP"
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Boo

Post by Boo »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm
Boo wrote:Lou, it helps to have some pension money and wife that works :eusa-dance:
Neither came easy! It came after many years of sacrifice and planning, staying the course and doing whatever it took to achieve our desired goals. As the Bible states, "AS YOU SOW, YOU SHALL REAP"
You did good Lou, I just wanted to give Anne some credit. I like her, she's good people. You both worked and sacrificed to get where you are now. Same in my camp. I started a business. It became very successful and to get there, Karin and I took big risks and sacrificed. Prior to success and even before starting my business, we had very little.
Lou, you and Anne both deserve what you have now. You've given me a glimpse of your sacrifices.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:

....Lou...you are my idol...51 years old when you retired and put 3 daughters through college...wow!...you sure you aren’t cousin Vinny’s consigliere? :lol: My hat’s off to you!

....you should start a post on their forum called, “how to plan for the Excalibur’s of your dreams later in life!”

Anthony :eusa-clap:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:36 am
ComfyBear wrote:

....Lou...you are my idol...51 years old when you retired and put 3 daughters through college...wow!...you sure you aren’t cousin Vinny’s consigliere? :lol: My hat’s off to you!

....you should start a post on their forum called, “how to plan for the Excalibur’s of your dreams later in life!”

Anthony, have you ever considered how much money you've earned in your lifetime? I have, its staggering just how much money that cannot be accounted for! :eusa-violin:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo, that’s scary! :eusa-shifty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:53 am
Boo, that’s scary! :eusa-shifty:
I know and no where can I justify much of the errant money to Karin let alone myself! :shock:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am
amythntr wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:36 am
ComfyBear wrote:

....you should start a post on their forum :eusa-doh: called, “how to plan for the Excalibur’s of your dreams later in life!”

Anthony, have you ever considered how much money you've earned in your lifetime? I have, its staggering just how much money that cannot be accounted for! :eusa-violin:
Yup....my annual social security statement shows all that I made over my lifetime....I have accounted for 99.99999%...
I must have lost track of one cup of coffee that I missed!

Anthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:You did good Lou, I just wanted to give Anne some credit. I like her, she's good people.
I did good, because of the woman at my side, together we're a team, and not a day goes by that I don't realize and acknowledge that fact.
Boo wrote:Anthony, have you ever considered how much money you've earned in your lifetime? I have, its staggering just how much money that cannot be accounted for! :eusa-violin:
I'm not an accountant, but in today's digital age, it doesn't take one to figure out one's expenditures. A little while ago I took a glimpse at the amount spent on just one of my credit cards over the last seven years. To say the least, it was mind boggling. I would have never fathomed that two "empty nesters" could spend so much in total, let alone on just one credit card. All I will say is that I'm grateful that the good Lord has given us the ability to be able do so and still sleep at night.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Boo

Post by Boo »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:41 am
Boo wrote:You did good Lou, I just wanted to give Anne some credit. I like her, she's good people.
I did good, because of the woman at my side, together we're a team, and not a day goes by that I don't realize and acknowledge that fact.
Boo wrote:Anthony, have you ever considered how much money you've earned in your lifetime? I have, its staggering just how much money that cannot be accounted for! :eusa-violin:
I'm not an accountant, but in today's digital age, it doesn't take one to figure out one's expenditures. A little while ago I took a glimpse at the amount spent on just one of my credit cards over the last seven years. To say the least, it was mind boggling. I would have never fathomed that two "empty nesters" could spend so much in total, let alone on just one credit card. All I will say is that I'm grateful that the good Lord has given us the ability to be able do so and still sleep at night.
I must say that I've had some relatively low expenditures that were difficult to justify. I hunt in northern Alberta some years and it costs a plane ticket, fairly low prices for tags, motels, food, vehicle rental and fuel. All of my US hunting trips have been either as a guest or self guided. So I've spend frivolous money but nothing crazy. But my biggest fault is buying guns and bows. I confess! The worst part is not getting rid of them, but I'm getting better. I've sold 3 crossbows this month and another is going soon. I'll get rid of another 2 or 3 when I get over the others. Guns, I can't part with them, not a one. :eusa-violin: One thing I do wish I did earlier is to buy land, land for hunting and investment at the same time. I know you've done that Lou and it's difficult to call that an expenditure. :mrgreen:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bottom line is if one can justify it in one's own mind then that's all that matters.

ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings