Brace height issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Brace height issue

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. Micro 315, with new Flemish strings. (Bow and String/s, have not been shot yet) I just installed the D. Miller string stops. For whatever reason, I cannot get any space between the string and the stops. String is pushing in the stops. What am I doing wrong? I tried twisting string in both directions, and still the same thing. Are the stops to long?
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
xcaliber

Re: Brace height issue

Post by xcaliber »

Brace height is 1.5" - 2.0" for that model. Measure to make sure you have the right bumpers first, then twist the string counter clock wise only. If you have the old string, compare, or measure this one. It should be about 26" long.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Possibly post a clear photo of the entire front end
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

jody5252 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 pm
Greetings. Micro 315, with new Flemish strings. (Bow and String/s, have not been shot yet) I just installed the D. Miller string stops. For whatever reason, I cannot get any space between the string and the stops. String is pushing in the stops. What am I doing wrong? I tried twisting string in both directions, and still the same thing. Are the stops to long?
Micro Bumpers are longer that Matrix bumpers, so slim chance you have the wrong ones. Sounds to me like you just need to give the string a half dozen twist counter clockwise. If it's made by a reputable twister, it should be close if not spot on. You cannot over twist it COUNTER Clockwise
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....baring that you DONT have the wrong stop's....I just changed out the EL string for a Flemish on my new A420TD....and I was shocked at how many twists I needed to give it to be about a quarter of an inch off the bumpers....well today, back into the bumpers :eusa-doh: :eusa-think: ....so about another 10 twists :? .....I am sure that sooner or later I will be able to take Chubby Checker's hit record " do the twist" off the record player :crazy: :eusa-popcorn:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 pm
....baring that you DONT have the wrong stop's....I just changed out the EL string for a Flemish on my new A420TD....and I was shocked at how many twists I needed to give it to be about a quarter of an inch off the bumpers....well today, back into the bumpers :eusa-doh: :eusa-think: ....so about another 10 twists :? .....I am sure that sooner or later I will be able to take Chubby Checker's hit record " do the twist" off the record player :crazy: :eusa-popcorn:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

janesy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 pm
jody5252 wrote:
Micro Bumpers are longer that Matrix bumpers, so slim chance you have the wrong ones. Sounds to me like you just need to give the string a half dozen twist counter clockwise. If it's made by a reputable twister, it should be close if not spot on. You cannot over twist it COUNTER Clockwise
I spoke to Mr. Miller directly, and he assured me that they would fit the Micro 315... Yes. The strings were made by a well known twister, on here. I will try (again) the CC. I have been twisting both ways. That said, I also noticed that by hard twisting CC, I am unable to get the loop back on the limb, because I have shortened it to much! I just cannot win. :eusa-think:
janesy

Post by janesy »

jody5252 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm
janesy wrote:
jody5252 wrote:
I spoke to Mr. Miller directly, and he assured me that they would fit the Micro 315... Yes. The strings were made by a well known twister, on here. I will try (again) the CC. I have been twisting both ways. That said, I also noticed that by hard twisting CC, I am unable to get the loop back on the limb, because I have shortened it to much! I just cannot win. :eusa-think:
Ah, I see. Shorten your stringing aid to pull the limbs in a little further. Should be good to go from there!
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Brace height is 1.5" - 2.0" for that model. Measure to make sure you have the right bumpers first, then twist the string counter clock wise only. If you have the old string, compare, or measure this one. It should be about 26" long.
Yes. 26" All strings, including the original. Mr. Miller said that these would fit.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

:shock: :shock: Ok. But that sure is going to be a lot of tension, on that short, thin stringer.
janesy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:39 pm
jody5252 wrote:
janesy wrote:

Ah, I see. Shorten your stringing aid to pull the limbs in a little further. Should be good to go from there!
janesy

Post by janesy »

jody5252 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:44 pm
:shock: :shock: Ok. But that sure is going to be a lot of tension, on that short, thin stringer.
janesy wrote:
jody5252 wrote:

With the string on, uncocked. The stringing aid should be a couple inches (2-3")below the ADF latch . You don't need to pull it back that far. Just make sure that you have knots tied in the string on the outside of the stringer so that it won't slide on you.
Don't worry, the little string will handle it
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

janesy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:02 pm
jody5252 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:44 pm
janesy wrote:

I have used the stringer many times. I just never had it this short before... It is so short now, that I have to adjust it, on the limbs. Is it ok to do that?

With the string on, uncocked. The stringing aid should be a couple inches (2-3")below the ADF latch . You don't need to pull it back that far. Just make sure that you have knots tied in the string on the outside of the stringer so that it won't slide on you.
Don't worry, the little string will handle it
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Once you get the string on, and the correct brace height set, pop the string off and without twisting it, measure the length. This makes it easier to set next time you swap one out.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!