restringing matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rjhans53

restringing matrix

Post by rjhans53 »

I have a slight problem. I've watch the vid, went to use my string changer and when it got to where it should be held by the trigger, the string got cut by the fingers, the vid shows a sleeve of some kind in the middle of the string, what did i do, buy a cheap one that needs but doesn't have the sleeve
Thanks Ron
xcaliber

Re: restringing matrix

Post by xcaliber »

Don’t know, did you buy a cheap one?
Are you sure you were under the trigger latches, or the first set of latches? Those are the ADF, anti dry fire latches and may be sharper than the trigger latches. Mine has no center plastic tubing and holds up just fine. Picture would help to figure out what you have going on.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Stringing aid Could be adjusted too short, it only needs to take off enough pressure to change the string, not pull the limbs back all the way.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
rjhans53

Post by rjhans53 »

this is on a 350 se so no anti dry fire so that's not it, as far as cheap, yep or at least probably bought it on ebay.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Go to a Excalibur dealer an buy the stringing aid . I have used them without the plastic on them with no problem . I for one would like to know your location .
rjhans53

Post by rjhans53 »

I'm in the tampa area, and I have ordered a excalibur brand stringer, should be here tomorrow, but the serving needs to be redone any way so I'll probable take to the local bow shop and have it reserved and have the brace hgt adjusted while I'm at it
rjhans53

Post by rjhans53 »

Well I sort of decided that because the stringer I have (now broke) wasn't usable that I'd take it to the local archery shop to have the brace height and serving redone while I was at it. He was to busy to do it, so I bought an excaliber stringer, brought the head home put it back on the bow and it worked as advertised. 18 twist later I have 1/4" off the bumpers and 3/4" brace height. now to shoot it to see how much it's off Thanks everyone for the help
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds good, don’t fret if you have to twist it more after some shooting, it’s normal until you get the stretch out of it.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Give Danny Miller a call and ask him about his stringing aid . They work the best and they are a lot less $. 1 740 2312
W.M.
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I made my first one out of 1100 paracord or something like that. A couple knots the right size to fit over your limb tips and leave room for the string to come through and you are in business. You are only pulling the limbs back a few inches so length is not something critical. I used it exclusively on my Micro 355 with no problems but ended up getting an Excalibur stringer as part of another package deal so it's retired now. It was too short for my BD400 anyway.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

W.Miguire wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm
Give Danny Miller a call and ask him about his stringing aid . They work the best and they are a lot less $. 1 740 2312
W.M.
X2.... Danny Miller’s is far superior to Excalibur’s !

Anthony :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings