new axe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rjhans53

new axe

Post by rjhans53 »

So I put this thing together and the instructions say the bow and rail should be flush, Now to me flush is flush but this thing is a paper or paper and a half thickness off. But now
it's really compact
if the draw was another 1/2 pound I'd need a crank (was a little concerned about this)
I think maybe it shoots ok but at least one of my quills doesn't like any broadhead I tried, but to be fair the wind was gusting pretty good and seeing I used the wrong pin I'm down to 2 quills and so it's not going this weekend, not a problem I'm crossbow poor
The holding finger seems really really loose on the arrows but it doesn't seem to matter
everyone brags on the trigger, yep it's alright but not anything great
xcaliber

Re: new axe

Post by xcaliber »

I love mine, I’m easier to please, have lower expectations, or just fix what I don’t like. Yep, the arrows are not the greatest, but the FOC is no where near what I would use anyway. Get some good arrows, you’ll need more anyway, and see what you have then.

Good luck,
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

You have a duplicate post. It would be wise to delete one; having two thread will be confusing and unproductive.
ComfyBear on your duplicate post wrote:You must of gotten a "lemon", so if you'd like I'll take it off your hands. :P

On a serious note, my riser and rail line up no different. So I suppose that flush is a relative term. The important thing is that it is accurate. I can attest to the fact that mine shoots consistent, and I don't dare shoot more than one arrow at the same spot. As far as the arrow retainer, "arrow finger" to you, it can be adjusted to hold the arrow tighter by putting your finger under the middle of the retainer and pushing down on the front to give it a slight downward curve. Regarding the trigger, I don't know about yours, but mine breaks cleanly and is as good as my Trigger Tech, if not better.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Now I'm glad I didn't sell my Nightmare to buy an axe!

Lol!!

I'm sure it will all work out.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
rjhans53

Post by rjhans53 »

bear you are right, I've tried to figure out how to delete one but I don't see a delete button, any help would be appreciated
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

rjhans53 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:58 am
bear you are right, I've tried to figure out how to delete one but I don't see a delete button, any help would be appreciated
You can't delete yourself, but you can edit it and change the title to Please Delete, and the moderator will delete it.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.