Spitfire NAP Magnum 170 Grain

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

Spitfire NAP Magnum 170 Grain

Post by WNYBILL »

So I bought a 3 pack of these and was gong to use them in Eaton aluminum arrows. I think they have been discontinued by NAP and making up 3 arrows is pointless. Anybody got any other information?

Bill
gerald strine

Re: Spitfire NAP Magnum 170 Grain

Post by gerald strine »

Are you referring to the FOC 170 ?
I have always been a fixed blade person but the FOC cought my attention and I was considering giving them a try I bought some to check out but have not taken the plung yet.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I haven't heard of a Spitfire Magnum 170

The NAP FOC 170 grs. is one of my favorite heads I know Amazon sells them at a decent price. It's like hitting a deer with a hatchet when the blades open up in the deer.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I bought some like yours a few years ago to use in my 400fps bow with some light arrows. First shot into my brand new 18:1 target to make sure the band's would hold broke off a couple of the blades. I think I can find them, minus the broken blades and would send them to you for the price of shipping. They came with 3 field points as well. I expect that they would work great unless you hit heavy bones, those targets are hard as a rock when new. I'm shooting only 100 and 125 grains these days.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like the dead ringer super freak extremes. Basically the same outrageous cut only 100grain. These broadheads might lack some penetration but in the soft areas where you should shoot a deer they have a devastating cut. Use a bow at least 330 fps and avoid bone and they will not disappoint.
I have shot deer in the throat and darn near decapitated them.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I am not seeing the FOC 170 on the NAP home page I only see the turkey version , looks like another heavy weight option going buy the wayside.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

NAP did make a 170 grain Magnum Spitfire at one time. I think its been gone 2-3 yrs. Colton's Micro is set up w light arrows and 170 grain FOC for turkeys and 170 grain Magnum Spitfire's for deer and pigs. I was a bit skeptical of the FOC's shooting through a pig out of that bow, but during turkey season he got in on the pigs and complete pass through 25-30 yrd recovery with the FOC's. Guess I shouldn't have worried.
To add....he has shot several animals w that (Magnum) head and all were pass throughs w short recovery. Its been a good run, wish they were still available.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:17 pm
NAP did make a 170 grain Magnum Spitfire at one time. I think its been gone 2-3 yrs. Colton's Micro is set up w light arrows and 170 grain FOC for turkeys and 170 grain Magnum Spitfire's for deer and pigs. I was a bit skeptical of the FOC's shooting through a pig out of that bow, but during turkey season he got in on the pigs and complete pass through 25-30 yrd recovery with the FOC's. Guess I shouldn't have worried.
To add....he has shot several animals w that (Magnum) head and all were pass throughs w short recovery. Its been a good run, wish they were still available.
Send NAP an e mail letting them know of your disappointment .
I sent several to slick trick when they dropped the 175 grain x bow trick and never even got any kind of response but at least i felt like i tried.
Lucky for me I have 3 packs unopened in reserve and can replace the blades after a bolt recovery so i am good for a while.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

they blew these out on clearance a few years back. got some for my 405 Mega. they appear to be all stainless. yet to use them on a critter but maybe this year!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Best i remember don't laff, they did make 2 styles. The 1st as you have brought up have been discontinued. The 2nd FOC NAP 170 gr 2 thick blades are still in n i have 1 dz of those Bad boys to pop tick toters wid
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315