Max range would you say is far enough?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ferguson Outfitters

Re: Max range would you say is far enough?

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Most of my kills are just how you described but we are under no obligation to be morally “above” the other predatory animals, that is Supremacism.

Under y’alls snowflake sportsman theological criteria, if the deer takes one step after being shot, it is “suffering” each step, so unless it drops dead on the spot, a caring theology is no better than my non-caring. My goal is a dead animal and oops, so is yours.

Am I to confront the hunter who blood trails a deer 150 yards and stand over him saying “bad hunter”? You guys make me chuckle.

I’m waiting for the primitive hunters to chime in a scold us for using crossbows at all...Supremacism!

I hope most of you go to work tomorrow and remember your tax money is paying for my adventures :lol:

OP, practice with your bow, if you think you can hit at extended range, take the shot.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Who are you trying to fight with? Are you trying to sound cerebral by using a nonsensical term like theory of supremacism...which is gibberish and an incorrect use of the word. I don't buy your rhetoric. I don't think anyone who can count past 10 without taking off their socks and shoes would fail to understand what people are saying and make such ridiculous statements unless trying to garner a response to fight...for your amusement. You attack people for saying they want their kills to be as quick and painless as possible? Pitiful. You want to come across as a know it all, cold blooded heartless killer who hates dogs and people and would just as soon see an animal suffer? Pitiful. You want to quote scripture yet you don't know the Word, as shown by your combative and quarrelsome spirit. As I've said before, without anger, this is pitiful. If you truly are incapable of emotion, other than anger, and incapable of empathy, then I genuinely do feel badly for you. What you have described is textbook sociopathy and you should see your doctor who I'm confident would happily refer you accordingly. However, this still has the odor of being a 'Joe the troll' and when you get bored you'll move on.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Ferguson Outfitters

Take the shot
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

Good topic . Here in the Allegany National Forest or just on the edge of it in the mountains of northwest PA the woods are thick at the start of bow season October 5 this year. Even when the leaves fall getting shots past 50 yards an be difficult.My tree stands are placed so 35 yards is the max for a clear shot. I practice to 40 yards but 35 is my limit and I've passed a few bucks at 35 not feeling comfortable with the situation. Some of these new cam wheeled crossbows with scopes marked to 100 yards make me think of hunters trying some long shots. I have a friend who bought one who is shooting out to 75 yards. I'll probably get a call to help track a wounded buck this year.
Ferguson Outfitters

They are all wounded until they fall over dead. I wish your friend well but if it doesn’t drop on the spot and you decide to post the outcome here, for God’s sake use some empathy in your words.

Maybe something like “Sorry I killed you, but I was hungry” :lol:

Happy Hunting
Ferguson Outfitters

“The ramifications are endless if you combine some basic common sense with faith and a long gamble. Quite often you’ll trip, but not so often as you’d think if you try the hard shots and give it the extra effort you’d devote to the mortal cinches.”

Hit ‘Em where They Ain’t - Robert Ruark 1961