Max range would you say is far enough?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcxbow

Re: Max range would you say is far enough?

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:28 pm
paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Move on Joe....and for those that are unaware,
2 Corinthians has no relevance to this...none. One not ought think higher of himself than he is. To be quoting scripture at the same time as professing being emotionless, having no empathy for any one or any thing (textbook definition of sociopath) and saying small g god is simply foolishness. Back to the beauty of free speech, you're not the only one who gets to have an opinion. Opinions different from yours doesn't make anyone fragile or insecure and frankly your thinking so shows you're exactly what you accuse others of. I see you for what you are. I say this without fear or anger...mostly pity.
Too bad, the original thread was great and Steve's testing and info is always interesting.
He has nowhere else to go. His racist / religious banter has had him removed from all other sites already
Yep and he should be removed from this one too.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Racist/religious??? I obviously missed that.???
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

My Son’s, I come from a world where when you drop the worry about misses, you discover how much more you can hit.

Take da shot !
Last edited by Ferguson Outfitters on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
janesy

Post by janesy »

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:33 pm
Racist/religious??? I obviously missed that.???
Just google the handle, it's all there. Half has been deleted by mods over the years.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3362937
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

What a shame such a great post has been hijacked and turned into this. I'm out.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Ferguson Outfitters

Live to hunt brother.
dithian

Post by dithian »

There are a lot of ways I could respond to the turn this thread has taken, invoking the DSM-5 being one, but it seems the only appropriate way is to reinforce why and how I hunt. Like others here, I want to be a supremely effective killer, not because I get off on killing, but BECAUSE I CARE. It matters to me to respect life enough to do everything in my power to limit or eliminate the potential suffering I create. I hunt because the land I live on is overrun with an invasive species without natural predators doing grave environmental harm—feral ungulates denude the landscape, decimate native plants and generate erosion, which not only strips precious topsoil, but also chokes and kills the reef. I hunt because it provides nourishment (some of the best) for my family. I hunt because, as a member of a predator species, it taps into a natural process and connects me to my animal nature. There is nothing callous or cold in the process, and I don’t have to lose touch with my human nature, my empathy or my core values to pull the trigger. And often after I pull the trigger, I cry. This isn’t weak, it’s human. I have botched hunts, especially in the early days on the learning curve, and each time I carried the weight of the suffering I caused for days. That humility, that keen sense of pain, drives me to do it better, galvanizes my commitment to taking good shots, to having the patience to wait for just the right moment. This means passing up a lot of tempting, though iffy, shots. It also means continuing to be open minded and learn. Hunting will invariably cause some level of suffering—we go in accepting that fact—but it is incumbent upon us to respect the animals we hunt by minimizing it. I think many here probably agree.

Best of luck, enhanced by skill, to all!

Brandon
Ferguson Outfitters

And at the end of the day, to “hunt” under the assumptions of the thread, means to kill.

To impose one’s killing theology on another is nothing short of Supremacism.

Take the shot!
Last edited by Ferguson Outfitters on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Brandon, I could not have said that any better. Much respect for you and your attitude toward the hunt.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

dithian wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 pm
There are a lot of ways I could respond to the turn this thread has taken, invoking the DSM-5 being one, but it seems the only appropriate way is to reinforce why and how I hunt. Like others here, I want to be a supremely effective killer, not because I get off on killing, but BECAUSE I CARE. It matters to me to respect life enough to do everything in my power to limit or eliminate the potential suffering I create. I hunt because the land I live on is overrun with an invasive species without natural predators doing grave environmental harm—feral ungulates denude the landscape, decimate native plants and generate erosion, which not only strips precious topsoil, but also chokes and kills the reef. I hunt because it provides nourishment (some of the best) for my family. I hunt because, as a member of a predator species, it taps into a natural process and connects me to my animal nature. There is nothing callous or cold in the process, and I don’t have to lose touch with my human nature, my empathy or my core values to pull the trigger. And often after I pull the trigger, I cry. This isn’t weak, it’s human. I have botched hunts, especially in the early days on the learning curve, and each time I carried the weight of the suffering I caused for days. That humility, that keen sense of pain, drives me to do it better, galvanizes my commitment to taking good shots, to having the patience to wait for just the right moment. This means passing up a lot of tempting, though iffy, shots. It also means continuing to be open minded and learn. Hunting will invariably cause some level of suffering—we go in accepting that fact—but it is incumbent upon us to respect the animals we hunt by minimizing it. I think many here probably agree.

Brandon
Well said! I could not have said it better :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ferguson Outfitters

Hunt to live brother
janesy

Post by janesy »

dithian wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Brandon
Very well said Brandon. Thank you.

To the forum, I apologize for my part in this train wreck. Particularly slow morning for me and I should have let it die in peace. Season can't come soon enough.
Last edited by janesy on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Great post Brandon :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
SEW

Post by SEW »

Brandon, I agree also. Very nicely written.
I have a non-hunting physician, actually my best friend. He is not against hunting; rather, he is supportive. Every time I kill a deer, bear, whatever, he says, “One of the lucky ones.”.
What he’s referencing is that in the wild, virtually all animals die a horrible, violent death. Coyotes, bobcats, occasionally dominate bucks, all kill their prey in an excruciating manner. In contrast, a sharp broadhead, well-placed causes virtually a painless, very quick death resulting in “One of the lucky ones”.
Case in point, about 30 years ago, I shot a nice 12-pt buck that was eating acorns. Double lung hit (Bear Super Razorhead). His head came up, he looked around, blood coming out of both sides, head back down, ate another acorn, and fell dead. Animals in pain rarely eat.
We ALL should feel an obligation to be above all predatory animals.
Just some thoughts,
Steve