Small game opener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Small game opener

Post by gerald strine »

Well today is the opening of Michigan's small game season so took the .22 out and had a nice morning nothing like watching the bushy tails fall from the tops of the trees.
I harvested 3 all i need for a good stew and i do not like cleaning any more than that at one time so I called it a wrap, had a humming bird about a foot from my face checking out my orange hat those wings really create a buss up close it was very cool, spotted some deer tracks, mushrooms, looks to be another good year on the acorns and hickory nuts.
Brought home a bumper harvest of burs stuck to my clothes it must be fall :thumbup:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Riflemanz

Re: Small game opener

Post by Riflemanz »

It's great to be back in the woods.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love the taste of squirrel. They remind me of skinned cats. Now that l have buddy that l feed every day lts hard to kill them. I'm just getting soft. I m trying not to get a pet deer or l wont have a hobby. A .22 hunt is awesome fun.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I slow cook Squirrel in dutch oven first I fast brown the quartered Squirrel then slow heat untill the meat falls off the bone with potatoes, onion, carrot , sweet peppers,garlic,gravy, Black pepper,salt,Mrs dash , and some honey.
When done I take all the meat out pick out all the bones and put the meat back into the pot I started deboning the stew for my wife she did not like the small bones but it is really the way to go have done it for years, it turns out really delicious .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.