Sad day for me

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Re: Sad day for me

Post by W.Miguire »

Some thing can not be controlled I know this but if I can make a diff. I will try . for your information all I buy at wallmart are paper towels made in USA all I can see friends of mine standing in the unemployment line . I say to each their own . Amen.
W.M.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

For gosh sake we all shop at Wal Mart ..
On $18,500 a year retired you have too ...
Like my Micro 335 got it new for under $600 on e bay..
Stores wanted $800 ...
I buy Chevy trucks but I hate Toyotas but they are built better ...
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

AMEN :eusa-deadhorse:
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I hate to buy anything made in China. I don't trust almost all of them at every level. I know that sometimes I don't have a choice but I avoid or do without if I can.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

sproulman wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:01 pm
For gosh sake we all shop at Wal Mart ..
On $18,500 a year retired you have too ...
Like my Micro 335 got it new for under $600 on e bay..
Stores wanted $800 ...
I buy Chevy trucks but I hate Toyotas but they are built better ...
Toyota Tachomas are made in the US of A with some Japanese (not chinese) parts. Having said that I bought one in 2005. It served me well but the frame rusted and theres no recall here in Canada. I bought a Canyon to replace it. :)
Straight->Shooter

Post by Straight->Shooter »

Here’s a link that may be of interest, how much of your vehicle is import vs export in a simple chart.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/2018_aala_alpha_06262018.pdf

Wasn’t trying to start a fight with the Wally World mention, but had to point it out that just about everything is import so don’t be shocked nowadays when we almost all support them in one way or another.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Straight->Shooter wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm
Here’s a link that may be of interest, how much of your vehicle is import vs export in a simple chart.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/2018_aala_alpha_06262018.pdf

Wasn’t trying to start a fight with the Wally World mention, but had to point it out that just about everything is import so don’t be shocked nowadays when we almost all support them in one way or another.
No offence taken here. Everyone should know that countries have vehicle content rules. Especially with cars and crossbows (the hardware closest to my heart) I do my research before buying. My main enemy in purchasing is China. They have a very poor history in caring about quality and the consumer's health and safety. I know that some Chinese products are first class but only because they're forced to produce high quantity.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:54 pm
Straight->Shooter wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm

No offence taken here. Everyone should know that countries have vehicle content rules. Especially with cars and crossbows (the hardware closest to my heart) I do my research before buying. My main enemy in purchasing is China. They have a very poor history in caring about quality and the consumer's health and safety. I know that some Chinese products are first class but only because they're forced to produce high quantity.
.....tru dat! Tru dat cousin Boo! :mrgreen:

Anthony :wave:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

I try to stay away from Chinese products as best I can. But sorry I need my occasional fido and puddycat fix and have to hit the local buffet. :oops:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Call me paraniod but I looked for 2 yrs to find a cast iron skillet made in America. After the baby and dog food fiasco, I don't trust mainland China at all :eusa-snooty:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:02 pm
Call me paraniod but I looked for 2 yrs to find a cast iron skillet made in America. After the baby and dog food fiasco, I don't trust mainland China at all :eusa-snooty:
Every cabin in Temagami has one of those haha, good lucky prying it from their hands
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Don I have one and use it every morning it is over 110 years old. got it from my sister. in NE Penn. made by the ERIE co. the # is710C 9 :thumbup:
W.M.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Boo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:02 pm
Lodge make good cast iron, eas to find in Canada. I have several cast iron frying pans. Try garage/yard sales and flea markets

http://www.lodgemfg.com/about