Started bear hunting again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
User avatar
Montana Mark
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Started bear hunting again

Post by Montana Mark » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:48 pm

My problem bear didn’t show up this spring but, sure enough, he is back this fall. He is hitting my garbage 3 times a week like he usually does in the fall. Bear season started Sunday. My head just hasn’t been in the game. I’ve spent the past 4 weekends replacing all the windows in my house including some very large ones that required serious demolition and rebuilding of walls. I’m pooped and still have a lot of trim to put up and painting to do. Been going out in the evening. It’s nice to just sit in the woods looking and listening. Very peaceful. Tonight I could have shot a little buck but it isn’t deer season yet.

I’ve got to figure out his pattern. I have no idea where he goes during the day I just know he comes to my house 3 nights a week. Like I said, my head just hasn’t been in the game. I only just tonight put the sd card in the game cam. I chased him off my garbage at midnight last week (season hadn’t started yet). Couldn’t see much other than a set of eyes and a flash of black. Didn’t look very big but a small bear rug would drape over the basement ottoman well. I’ll do a mixture of evening and morning hunts. I’ll stretch my “daylight” as much as I can. Right now, I’m pooped and don’t want to lose much sleep.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress. I am looking forward to deer season as it won’t be hard or frustrating to get a deer. I just plan on getting one of the little bucks in the neighborhood. It will be my first crossbow deer and that in and of itself will make it a trophy for me. I’ll also try to get a thanksgiving turkey.
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)

vixenmaster
Posts: 13582
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Land of Rocks, Ozarks Mo.

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by vixenmaster » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 am

I certainly hope you get yer yogi, hope the damage it does is minimal til killed.
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

gerald strine
Posts: 2916
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: southern Michigan

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by gerald strine » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:10 am

Good luck on solving your problem :eusa-popcorn: :eusa-popcorn:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

User avatar
Montana Mark
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by Montana Mark » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:55 am

vixenmaster wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 am
I certainly hope you get yer yogi, hope the damage it does is minimal til killed.
Thanks. I don’t want to lose another goat. (Btw. We are replacing windows for aesthetic reasons, not because the bear breaks them. I only mentioned it as the project kept me from preparing for Bear season. Actually....., I should sit by the big new 4 panel sliding door to wait for the bear.... the sliding door is supposed to go to a deck that I haven’t built yet....I should call it my new expensive hunting blind.) (If the bear was breaking my windows, I would definitely be staying up all night waiting for him.)
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)

paulaboutform
Posts: 4952
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by paulaboutform » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:40 am

Good luck Mark...on your bear and your deer. Btw., I had the pleasure of driving through your great state this summer and absolutely loved it. Love the BIG SKY COUNTRY! You really need to see it to appreciate it. My wife and I had a hard time choosing a favorite state between Montana and Wyoming.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

flightattendant100
Posts: 4261
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by flightattendant100 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:24 am

paulaboutform wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:40 am
Good luck Mark...on your bear and your deer. Btw., I had the pleasure of driving through your great state this summer and absolutely loved it. Love the BIG SKY COUNTRY! You really need to see it to appreciate it. My wife and I had a hard time choosing a favorite state between Montana and Wyoming.

Paul
Paulaboutform, there is not a state between Wyoming and Montana! Duh!😎😎

User avatar
robertyb
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by robertyb » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:07 am

flightattendant100 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:24 am
paulaboutform wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:40 am
Good luck Mark...on your bear and your deer. Btw., I had the pleasure of driving through your great state this summer and absolutely loved it. Love the BIG SKY COUNTRY! You really need to see it to appreciate it. My wife and I had a hard time choosing a favorite state between Montana and Wyoming.

Paul
Paulaboutform, there is not a state between Wyoming and Montana! Duh!😎😎
You missed seeing the State of Confusion. :lol:
Wildlife Population Control Specialist

paulaboutform
Posts: 4952
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Started bear hunting again

Post by paulaboutform » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Paul, that was baaaddd! :eusa-doh: ....just when I was starting to like you fellas, you had to go and wreck it. :think: :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post Reply