IT.S TIME

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papa bear1

IT.S TIME

Post by papa bear1 »

Well the time has come for me to give it up, I have been hunting with archery equipment for 59 yrs. and reality finally kicked in, :(
I started bow hunting in 1960 with a Ben Pierson (pinto) didn't have a clue what I was doing , I was out shooting it one day in a field by an old dirt road when a guy was going by and stopped, came up to me and introduced himself to me, as it turned out he was an advanced archer and asked if he could help me learn, of course I said h#ll yes,,,, It wasn't no time and he had me shooting better than I had ever imagined, no sights back then it was all instinctive shooting, Fred Bear was the man at that time and my hero, I learned to shoot things in the air and on the ground while they was moving,
Over the yrs. I killed many deer, ground hogs, squirrels and turkeys, and even a bob cat, I learned a lot of woodsmanship skills, I taught my 3 sons everything that I learned and 2 of them became skilled hunters, 1 of them builds robots :shock: my youngest son who is 50 came last wknd. and picked up 4 ladder stands 1 tripod ol'e Doe Bow (Equinox) AND ABOUT 4 DOZ. arras and a large tackle box full of archery stuff I have accumulated over my 59 yrs. So it is with mixed emotions that it is time to face reality , It's time to hold my head up with pride and walk away from it .
Hunting has taught me to be Patient, responsible, and honest with myself and others, it has taught me a lot of things about life.
So, I say good luck to all on this forum, I will watch what,s going on with ya,all on this forum might even reply.

BE SAFE IN ALL YOU DO
SEE YA IN THE WOODS
Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
vixenmaster

Re: IT.S TIME

Post by vixenmaster »

Please read n post if'en you no hunt its good to jus live it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to quit, but it might be here soon due to the health issues I have. Like you, I'll have fond memories of teaching others how to shoot bows, guns, and hunt. Dave, you can look back with pride, and smile at all the success of others. Take care of yourself, and keep in touch!

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....hell no I won't go! :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty:

....this is even after falling in the woods last Saturday while climbing over a rock wall...hitting my head on a sharp rock...just missing my eye socket....a half of an inch over to the right I either fracture my eye socket or worse yet lose an eye :eusa-doh: :eusa-pray: ...got a nasty cut on my temple...no stitches for me...although I probably needed 2 :shock: ....bruised my arm...a few inches over and I break my wrist...got some sore ribs...but nothing broken! :clap:

....yes the Good Lord was watching over me...

....Hell no I won't go....unless He pulls me out by my toes :angel:

Anthony :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Dave...I wish you the best as you reminisce over all of your great hunting memories gathered over the years...you have done a lot and have seen a lot....and you are commended in knowing when the time has arrived to hang up your bows and equipment!

Anthony :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well, if you don't have the drive to get out and hunt, you shouldn't. But hopefully you'll keep shooting at targets now and then and get out into the woods to just take in the view and tranquility. Without those two, I wouldn't go out myself. Don't forget that you have experience and knowledge to share, so if the opportunity comes along, please teach. :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

Hate to hear when someone hangs it up, scares the crap out of me that some day I will be in your shoes. It sounds like some of your boys hunt so hopefully you will still make it to a deer camp just to tell lies and sit around the fire. Anymore to me the camps and the people are what I remember more than a particular deer. Iffn your boys don't keep ya in deer sammiches, look me up we aren't THAT far apart.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

tcwild wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:28 pm
Hate to hear when someone hangs it up, scares the crap out of me that some day I will be in your shoes. It sounds like some of your boys hunt so hopefully you will still make it to a deer camp just to tell lies and sit around the fire. Anymore to me the camps and the people are what I remember more than a particular deer. Iffn your boys don't keep ya in deer sammiches, look me up we aren't THAT far apart.
very nice of ya tc, yes the boys are keeping me in the camp, (TO COOK) :lol: :lol:
and tell stories about when they were young and made some really dumb mistakes,
and i'm a very good story teller. :silent:
I was offered the same thing last year from Vixenmaster,
just shows to go ya the quality of people here on the forum. :eusa-clap:

Dave :eusa-popcorn:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings