AXE ON THE WAY !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

AXE ON THE WAY !

Post by confederate »

So I originally bought an Exocet back in 2004, pick up a Matrix 330 4 years ago and love that Crossbow. My son recently bought an Axe and I have had a chance to try it. I love everything about it except its a bear to cock compared to my Matrix 330. I'm 62 and I can cock it ok but a lot of shooting and cocking it will wear me down. I really like the size of the Axe and after thinking it over I ordered one for myself. I figured for hunting I wont be cocking it a lot so I should be fine. I don't care for the idea of using a crank so I figure when I get to old to cock it I can go back to my trusty M330. :D
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
gerald strine

Re: AXE ON THE WAY !

Post by gerald strine »

Congratulations on the new bow !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice, which model? Here is a picture of my Kryptek with a spanking new string on it! I too love mine, but use the crank. The new model, it makes shooting her a real pleasure! :thumbup:

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/bdPmmgPT]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Congrats!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Your mother in law is on the way? Just kidding. Congrats.
Hank
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Nice, which model? Here is a picture of my Kryptek with a spanking new string on it! I too love mine, but use the crank. The new model, it makes shooting her a real pleasure! :thumbup:

That's bad azzzz!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on a nice lookin Axe :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

you won't regret it . I know I don't !
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Great job matching the string Dan!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice dan .turn them silencers the excalibur way or your not gonna hit anything with that bow.lolololo remember l was corrected on that. There's no difference whatsoever how they are turned.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Congrats
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

confederate wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:41 pm
So I originally bought an Exocet back in 2004, pick up a Matrix 330 4 years ago and love that Crossbow. My son recently bought an Axe and I have had a chance to try it. I love everything about it except its a bear to cock compared to my Matrix 330. I'm 62 and I can cock it ok but a lot of shooting and cocking it will wear me down. I really like the size of the Axe and after thinking it over I ordered one for myself. I figured for hunting I wont be cocking it a lot so I should be fine. I don't care for the idea of using a crank so I figure when I get to old to cock it I can go back to my trusty M330. :D
Well, how do you like the Axe? did you get it all setup to hunt yet? I will hold on to the M330 as well, I shot it a few days ago, and what a joy to rope cock! Anyway, hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
confederate

Post by confederate »

Unfortunately I had an issue with my Axe. I got It Tuesday set it up and got it sighted in at 20 yards drilling good. I moved the target to 30 yards to see what my 20 yard crosshairs would do at that distance. My Matrix 330 has a four inch drop at 30 yards using a 386 grain BEZ. I was shocked when I had a 6 inch drop using the same arrow on the AXE. Got my sons Axe out and only had 3 inch drop . Went to local shop and fired the supplied QUILL 350 grain arrow thru the chronograph. It shot 326 fps. I contacted Excalibur and sent it off Wednesday morning for repair. I hate that I got a defective Axe but I think Excalibur will take care. I see a lot of people shooting their Axe at 344. I Just want what is advertised. Looking forward to getting it back hopefully late next week.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hmmm. I have not shot mine through the chronograph yet. Maybe I’ll do that next week after all this rain passes. Hope you get her back and you’re happy after the service.
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

Do you know what they did or repair? I yet to fire mine and I not sure who has chronograph for me to test it at. Hope it not something with all axes.
My First Bow excalibur 340 micro AXE kryptec.