micro 315 won't zero

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

Re: micro 315 won't zero

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

gonna be busy today and tomorrow, maybe shooting tues.,will keep everybody informed. gonna reset scope and try just one bolt.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

My scope mount where the picatenny rail mounts to the trigger box was loose today. 3 of the 4 screws had to be tightened.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
crowe

Post by crowe »

I had the same problem with my 315, wasn't a bow issue but the deadzone scope had a serious parallax issue. mount your bow solid in a rest set crosshairs on an aiming point, now move your eye slightly left right up and down. crosshairs should stay on target. if they move the scope is no god. Excalibur dealer replaced mine, just had to pay difference of upgrade I decided on.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Stay with Zombie arrows ...
On my micro 335 I have had this happen if string was on Inside towards scope past mark too much .
I have to have it just inside mark them all arrows group ...
Another if you hold bow on front one way then hold it different next your eye is not looking in scope same way ...
I seen that a lot had my brother hold 2 different ways and his arrow hit ,2 different spots ....
I would say it's way you are looking into scope
I see it at gun range with rifles looking tinto scopes that do not have parallax adj
Sproul had spoken!
Cardinalsfanforever

I was gonna reseat scope, on the micro 315 today but thought I'd try a couple of shots first. One Quill bolt, 2 shots, I was happy. 2 more, looks good. Got another bolt, and the same, 3 shots looking good. All at 30 by the way. Got the 380 out, 3 new Zombies, and one older one, shot great. Moved to 40, all good for the 380. Will get the Swacker 150 grn. target head for the Zombies next time and we'll see what happens. I was shooting 100grn. shwacker target head on the Quills by the way.
Cardinalsfanforever

I will say I have a C2 crank on the 380, had a dry fire while cocking one time. Thought the string was behind the trigger, but when I released it, didn't have a good hold and it hit the ADF. Handle marked my chest. I just got my sling off 2 weeks ago from shoulder surgery am cranking the C2 backwards, using left hand. Just saying, be mindful of every step. Next week will look into a larger handle for that crank.
Cardinalsfanforever

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 pm
I will say I have a C2 crank on the 380, had a dry fire while cocking one time. Thought the string was behind the trigger, but when I released it, didn't have a good hold and it hit the ADF. Handle marked my chest. I just got my sling off 2 weeks ago from shoulder surgery am cranking the C2 backwards, using left hand. Just saying, be mindful of every step. Next week will look into a larger handle for that crank. :oops:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Riflemanz wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:42 am
Buy some black eagle executioner arrows with a 90 or 110gr insert w 2" blazers. Forget feathers. I use a lead sled on a card table with a chair to sight in. Use one arrow when sighting in.
I shoot this same setup out of my Micro 355 Suppressor. They hum!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!