micro 315 won't zero

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

micro 315 won't zero

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

got a 315 this spring, quills come with it, deadzone scope, 100 grn. shwackers come with it, cannot get it to shoot consistently , about 1 of every 3 or 4 shots float left bout 3 inches. using target head. shoot one arrow 4 times and 1 will float off, sometimes hi also. checked arrow on spinner and head seems to stay in same spot. made up some executioners with some feathers I had and the feathers need trimmed, seem too wide. tried 125 grn. and 150 grn. heads and they are all over the place. everything time. going to reset scope tomorrow if I get time. :eusa-think: any ideas what to look for. got the matrix 380 out of storage since spring, still shoots good with diablos, zombies, and homemade 18" executioners.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
janesy

Re: micro 315 won't zero

Post by janesy »

Sounds like you need to trace and cull an arrow. Often the Quills need to be indexed
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cardinalsfanforever

I marked 3 quills, rotated and got the one vane that goes into rail and shoots most accurately. Made a lot of changes tho, put on a new vixenmaster string, helped somewhat. going to trash one bolt as it was 6inches off following the other 2. maybe the string not broke in yet?
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Have you checked every screw for tightness including (especially) removing the stock and checking the two screws that mount the trigger box to the main frame
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Sounds like something is loose . Check All your screws. I know it is a pain to do this but take the time and I think you will be ok.
W.M.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, check all fasteners, then start over. It could be the arrows, but I doubt it.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If a bolt does not shoot well and you know it's not the bow. If others shoot well. The bolts should be tomato or plant stakes.lf a bolt does not shoot well on all 3 sides its kind of useless for hunting you dont want to be playing around turning a bolt in the dark or worse yet ...a follow up shot.
I really never really get a bad shooting factory .001 zombie .lt just dosnt happen.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Cardinalsfanforever

yes to the screws. had the trigger box out last week polishing claws and checked all screws. thanks for all the advice, got one new bolt, gonna start with it with 100 grn. field tip, only shooting it, index the vanes, then see what gives. also gonna reseat scope tomorrow, don't like the way the clamp fits the rail on the rear, but its tite.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

My friends bow had a loose ring screw. Loc tite blue on those.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Even though it is a pain in the arse . Try using a lead sled . It removes the variable that the bow is unsteady shot to shot .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

It won't be the string. It launches the arrow. You have either FOC wid yer arrows or if'en all screws are snugged down a scope/ring problem
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cardinalsfanforever

I know its not Mikes string. thinking the stock string. Don't like the way the scope mounts look tho. gonna try to look at it maybe tues.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:00 pm
got a 315 this spring, quills come with it, deadzone scope, 100 grn. shwackers come with it, cannot get it to shoot consistently , about 1 of every 3 or 4 shots float left bout 3 inches. using target head. shoot one arrow 4 times and 1 will float off, sometimes hi also. checked arrow on spinner and head seems to stay in same spot. made up some executioners with some feathers I had and the feathers need trimmed, seem too wide. tried 125 grn. and 150 grn. heads and they are all over the place. everything time. going to reset scope tomorrow if I get time. :eusa-think: any ideas what to look for. got the matrix 380 out of storage since spring, still shoots good with diablos, zombies, and homemade 18" executioners.
After the flyer, do the group's tighten up again or do you stop and adjust scope? Curious what happens if you shoot more than 4 shots in a row.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Buy some black eagle executioner arrows with a 90 or 110gr insert w 2" blazers. Forget feathers. I use a lead sled on a card table with a chair to sight in. Use one arrow when sighting in.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am ck;in back to see what has yer crossbow messed up. Even after all the yrs i still want to see what the problem is n how it came about
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315