axe 340

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lewism

axe 340

Post by Lewism »

i have been looking into my first croswbow. friend owns a 355 micro and he was looking at specs and the axe is really close to the same crossbow 355. seems they made axe shorter by 2" but with 13" pull vs the 10". i know its new to me on what differences in different models. like i also was interested in the 360td but i also dont want to spend the $$$. think the axe is in a right price range for what i could afford.
My First Bow excalibur 340 micro AXE kryptec.
xcaliber

Re: axe 340

Post by xcaliber »

I love my Axe, best deal out there right now in my opinion! I like the Micro 355 as much at the range but the Axe is my number one hunting bow this fall. Very good trigger for a stock one, and it’s loaded up in the Dealer only version. The arrows are just okay in my opinion as well.
Good luck deciding, and welcome to the forum.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

thanks for the reply. im looking for the dealer version kryptek here in toronto ontario. no stock in some places.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Lewism wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 pm
thanks for the reply. im looking for the dealer version kryptek here in toronto ontario. no stock in some places.
Archers nook in London has them and they will ship to your door.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Lewism wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 pm
Trombley's in Orillia had them at the best prices I've seen anywhere.
Trigger's and Bow were close second with free shipping.
Both are good to deal with
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Lewism wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:56 pm
i have been looking into my first croswbow. friend owns a 355 micro and he was looking at specs and the axe is really close to the same crossbow 355. seems they made axe shorter by 2" but with 13" pull vs the 10". i know its new to me on what differences in different models. like i also was interested in the 360td but i also dont want to spend the $$$. think the axe is in a right price range for what i could afford.
I'd go Axe. Not about the money, the 355 is awesome and there's one on the trading post right now .

Difference is the 2" comes directly off the front of the bow. I find it balances much better. Mind you I haven't owned a micro 355 in a few years.
I think I mentioned before, the axe isn't meant to replace a micro you already own(unless you are completely weak willed and have no rational explanation :eusa-whistle: ), It doesn't do anything that different. But if your looking to get into a micro platform, it's the obvious choice. It's a combination of all the micros. Size of a 315, speed of a 335 and cocking effort of a 355!(most 355 shot in the 340's anyway) What's not to love?
But seriously tho, it's a great bow at a great price thats selling like hotcakes, ran into a guy yesterday that just bought one.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Straight->Shooter

Post by Straight->Shooter »

These guys are great, just bought my axe a couple weeks ago.

http://antlerriverarchery.com/page.php?pageType=productDetail&productId=10476169
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

Finally bought my first bow! Sorry seems pictures caint load. But i tey posting thru the pc. New excalibur 340 micro in kryptec.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Awesome! Congrats, you're going to love it. Make sure you get the string changing tool, and know how to set & maintain brace height, etc. This forum is the best place to get help / answers for everything you'll need. :thumbup:
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:31 am
Awesome! Congrats, you're going to love it. Make sure you get the string changing tool, and know how to set & maintain brace height, etc. This forum is the best place to get help / answers for everything you'll need. :thumbup:
It ain’t assemble and shoot lol. Just kidding. Ya I need to get a string aid removal tool. Still need to check like said. Also I find mix feelings on the wax the string and lube the runners. I also need to learn where to mount the scope and also get it sighted in as well. Damm never thought this be so technical. Although pulling the string once kinda making think twice now lol. Guess I build some strength to do it.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Do not wax the serving in the middle of the string, it will cause it to separate. I like to keep the rail clean, no lube there either for me. Yes, you'll get a workout rope cocking that little beast, I have to use the crank for a few reasons, one is I'm just old! :lol: :lol:
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:44 am
Do not wax the serving in the middle of the string, it will cause it to separate. I like to keep the rail clean, no lube there either for me. Yes, you'll get a workout rope cocking that little beast, I have to use the crank for a few reasons, one is I'm just old! :lol: :lol:
Ya me too getting old lol. But really don’t want to use the aid yet lmao. Thanks for the info.
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

Btw I need part number for the kryptec cheek piece for this bow ? Any idea?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

#7001 it is a black one for the Micro
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am
#7001 it is a black one for the Micro
Looking same color kryptec.