Warranty work

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Warranty work

Post by vixenmaster »

I certainly hope its resolved in the purchasers favor. I am now having my own dispute wid my new BD360 n Warranty
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Yes, it has been resolved, I think. At least he was told new limbs are coming to him. Still, he should not have had to jump through hoops to get some warranty work done. I also do not understand why they did not want him to go to the warranty center when he was willing to drive there. The archery shop where he bought the bow is also not too happy with the company. Their comment was that they don't understand why their word was no good to them.

I also do not understand when Excalibur was told about the cracking noise when cocking and they simply said that other things can cause the cracking sound. Okay. What other things? What about this silent operation that has been advertised? Close your ears when cocking? And yes, he does have the new cocker, which, btw, I do like.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Tom

Post by Tom »

B-Logger wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:43 pm
Not sure I mentioned anything about a sliver.
It was me that first brought up that it might be a sliver and not a cracked limb.
Tom post_id=687542 time=1569253384 user_id=17]
Is this a "cracded limb" or a sliver

The above direction or advice excalibur gave sounds like they determined that it was a sliver. That is the action required for a sliver. A sliver will not effect the accuracy or the safety of the crossbow.

The loss of accuracy could be attributed to many things:
....... could be a scope issue
....... could be loose fasteners (scope, trigger, ect)

Tom
As I stated, it sounds like excalibur thinks it is just a sliver and not a cracked limb by their instructions.

If you do a search on this forum on cracked limbs and slivers, you will find that many get confused between the two. Even experienced excalibur users have been confused. Some slivers can become long which is why we as users are directed to trim it and then sand it out. Slivers will not effect the accuracy or safety.

Your comments of that you understand our "standing up" for excalibur, really ........ all I am trying to do is gather as much information to be best able to help you. Two of us did ask for a picture to better understand.

Truely, many small shops are so busy and deal with many different products they are not typically an expert in all of them. For example, I was in a store (Sail, Oshawa) and went to look at the new excalibur model, I questioned the way it was put together and they informed me that it was correct, that is the way they are buit now, I knew better and walked out of the store. These stores have a stake in making their customers believe that they know everything, so you come to them. In the past many stores believed that the strings were supposed to rest against the rubber stoppers as they came that way, not that the strings stretched to that position.

The reason I brought up other possible causes for an accuracy problem was to not have tunnel vision and to rule out other possible causes. You stated that the scope screws were still tight, but did not confirm that the trigger screws were also tight. If they were looose, it wood cause that problem.

Instead of trying to bash excalibur before a full determination of what has happened, lets fully examine everything.

Do know how many times I have seen over the years where I have seen members jump to the conclusion for one thing, bash someone or some company, only to find out that they were mistaken and the person or company were correct. Again lets try to gather all evidence, produce this evidence so we can make educated discussions and determinations before we bash anyone or any company.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Tom, I does sort of get to me as if you read some of the comments you would think we are truely amateurs at this and I assure you we are not. I am also not new to Excalibur as I've shot their bows now for over 20 years. Before that I shot compounds. Before that I shot recurves, before compounds even hit the market. I've shot competition in field, indoor, 3d and have hunted deer with bow for 55 years now. Yes, I've done repair work and have fixed bows for others. My friend has not been at this as long but he knows what he is doing.

That said, he still took the bow to an archery shop and yes, they have a repair department. They also highly advised him to not shoot the bow until new limbs are installed. It really scared them when the limbs gave the cracking sound when cocking. It also ticked them off when Excalibur would not even believe them and I highly expect Excalibur may have lost a good customer. I do know for certain that so far they have lost a sale of an Assassin because of what has just happened.

As I stated, when a company begins to balk at warranty work, that is the beginning of a big downfall of said company. I've been a big supporter of Excalibur since I purchased my first bow (Exomag) but no matter what, when someone asks my opinion, I will not lie to them. I will say that I believe this company was much better served when Danny Miller did the warranty work. Danny may be a bit rough sometimes with his speech but he is a great man who also loves the company and has done them good for years. When he is understood (with his rough talk) he is nice to talk to. I have not yet met the man but have spoken to him several times. Excalibur had a good one there and I'm sad to see what Excalibur has done with warranty work.

When the new limbs arrive I will no doubt be involved in installing them and getting the man ready again for hunting.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I didn’t realize until it happened to me and heard it for myself, but the limb “crack” is very audible.

I had my Micro 335 and Matrix 380 both crack a limb within a week of each other last fall, and Excalibur made them both right with about a week turn around.
Tom

Post by Tom »

B-logger, I have never made you out to be ignorant, unknowledged or an amateur.

For someone that is not at location, they need to ask many questions, that to you might think questions your ability, but they are generally asked to cover all possibilities. Even the most experienced can overlook the most obvious solution if they become tunnel vision.

As per your shop that you go to, I do not know of their ability. But I have delt with many sales shops and most think they know more than they actually do. Do you know how difficult it has been for people to convince shops that strings should not rest against the bumpers. Why do you think excalibur keeps control of who has the rights to do warranty work.

You are right, mr Danny Miller is a very nice person. I have shot bows with Danny, I have sat around more then a few campfires listening to his stories. We have talked about old bows, how we could adapt bows to create something different. I call Danny a friend (to me, if you're not an enemy, you're a friend).

But excalibur needed to get someone else to help with warranty, not just have danny to do the work. When Danny took ill a few years ago, it put excalibur in a tough place for warranty work.

I would still like to see the picture that you sent to excalibur just to actually get a good idea of what your shop called a broken limb.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]