Rail lube or silicone clean

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dithian

Re: Rail lube or silicone clean

Post by dithian »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 pm
.....I need one of our engineers to respond to this very technical question: :eusa-think:

.....does the advantage of using silicone spray make the deer deader? :wtf: :eusa-think: :eh: If so I guess I must change from not putting silicone on the rail to putting silicone on the rail....as we all know we want the most deadest deer that one can possibly have! :eusa-doh:

Anthony :eusa-shifty:
When I tracked the last deer I shot, I found him at the end of a weak blood trail sitting on a log and smoking his last cigarette. He looked up at me and said, "You should have used silicone." He then snubbed his cigarette, assumed the "dead" position and expired. Maybe it was a sign?
Boo

Post by Boo »

dithian wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 pm
amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 pm
.....I need one of our engineers to respond to this very technical question: :eusa-think:

.....does the advantage of using silicone spray make the deer deader? :wtf: :eusa-think: :eh: If so I guess I must change from not putting silicone on the rail to putting silicone on the rail....as we all know we want the most deadest deer that one can possibly have! :eusa-doh:

Anthony :eusa-shifty:
When I tracked the last deer I shot, I found him at the end of a weak blood trail sitting on a log and smoking his last cigarette. He looked up at me and said, "You should have used silicone." He then snubbed his cigarette, assumed the "dead" position and expired. Maybe it was a sign?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

joel0711 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:43 pm
Is it better to lube the rail with silicone grease or just clean with silicone spray and re-wipe??
I clean the rail with a silicone based gun oil, then wipe dry with a clean towel 3 or 4 times a year. :thumbup:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:41 pm
joel0711 wrote:
Is it better to lube the rail with silicone grease or just clean with silicone spray and re-wipe??
I clean the rail with a silicone based gun oil, then wipe dry with a clean towel 3 or 4 times a year. :thumbup:
....BR....You must shoot the "deadest" deer that side of the Mississippi! :mrgreen:

Anthony :wave:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:38 pm
BrotherRon wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:41 pm
joel0711 wrote:
....BR....You must shoot the "deadest" deer that side of the Mississippi! :mrgreen:

Anthony :wave:
Anthony, I think you're taking the right amount of happy pills! :thumbup: :clap: :eusa-dance: :eusa-clap: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

nchunter wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 am

Does anyone remember the old Excalibur Wax, and what the story was behind that? When did Bill T change from using that to wiping the rail with WD40?
The old excalibur wax was a hold over from wooden stocks like the orginal relayer. Before BillT started excalibur, Astro Daco produced the best crossbow and they promoted waxing the rail on their wooden stock. Excalibur wax and the Astro Daco wax were very similar. I had actually had an orginal, new in package, Astro Daco wax (alone with other old stuff) taken to boofest last summer for anybody wanting to see some history on crossbows.

If you didn't have a coating like a wax on the rail of wooden stocks, the string would actually wear down the top of the rail if you shot alot.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Per advice here I use silicone on rag and wipe dry ..
Nothing on my serving ...
Micro 335 ....