Some people

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Some people

Post by longbow joe »

One of the guys at work was going on and on today that a land owner is going to charge them a $100 dollars to hunt this year and it's all out gouging and hes not gonna pay it. Also the cost of a hunting license.
Mind you l know this place and its pretty darn good.
This genius was gonna tell them to shove it because he was gonna hunt "upstate ".
Maby l was a little jerky but l reminded him how he drinks 2 cases of beer a week and smokes at least 2 packs a day of cigarettes and plays the lottery every day.
Now that going "upstate "takes about 40 dollars in gas there and back and about 25 dollars in tolls so 2 trips "upstate " would be about a 100 dollars. So if he would go down to 1 pack a day and 1 case of beer and pay the money he would save money and his health.
He called me a aassss ...h .o ! E. It still has me smiling hours later.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Re: Some people

Post by janesy »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:35 pm
One of the guys at work was going on and on today that a land owner is going to charge them a $100 dollars to hunt this year and it's all out gouging and hes not gonna pay it. Also the cost of a hunting license.
Mind you l know this place and its pretty darn good.
This genius was gonna tell them to shove it because he was gonna hunt "upstate ".
Maby l was a little jerky but l reminded him how he drinks 2 cases of beer a week and smokes at least 2 packs a day of cigarettes and plays the lottery every day.
Now that going "upstate "takes about 40 dollars in gas there and back and about 25 dollars in tolls so 2 trips "upstate " would be about a 100 dollars. So if he would go down to 1 pack a day and 1 case of beer and pay the money he would save money and his health.
He called me a aassss ...h .o ! E. It still has me smiling hours later.
Haha, should have convinced him to go upstate then paid the $100 for the lease
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

"Maby l was a little jerky but l reminded him how he drinks 2 cases of beer a week and smokes at least 2 packs a day of cigarettes and plays the lottery every day"
He's not going too far in life with those nasty habits!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

In Texas, the $ 100.00 wont buy you a DAY hunt!!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have other places to hunt with bigger deer on the agenda. The other 2 hunting buddies are a lot like him.....who needs them.
I have a feeling my little "pep" talk will work and a big 100 will appear. Lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

$100. is a steal!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:26 pm
$100. is a steal!
No kidding! Does he squeak with every step? He must be fun to be around when there's an empty pop bottle! :eusa-popcorn:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

maybe he needs help!
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

That would be the typical PA person I remember growing up!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
grouse

Post by grouse »

Does this genius know how much farmland costs these days? Around my farm land costs $4,000 an acre at a minimum and goes up from there. I've never charged anyone to hunt, but I would totally understand anyone who would. And really, $100.00 to hunt a good piece of land is great bargain.
axiom
350 SE
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

grouse wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:37 am
Does this genius know how much farmland costs these days? Around my farm land costs $4,000 an acre at a minimum and goes up from there. I've never charged anyone to hunt, but I would totally understand anyone who would. And really, $100.00 to hunt a good piece of land is great bargain.
That's dirt cheap! Any land in NW IN is $15k per acre or more now. People are gobbling up 5 acre parcels for $75k and happy. Crazy!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

deadeer wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:57 am
grouse wrote:
That's dirt cheap! Any land in NW IN is $15k per acre or more now. People are gobbling up 5 acre parcels for $75k and happy. Crazy!
Yep!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

deadeer wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:57 am
grouse wrote:
The $4,000 an acre I mentioned is for mixed cropland and forested hills (throw in a creek and you have good habitat). Good prairie cropland is much more expensive.
axiom
350 SE
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

We've had our lease property for 23 years and we pay over $2000.00 for ours and will gladly continue to do so to have a nice trouble free area to hunt and manage the deer herd.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I do not charge to hunt my land but no Doe hunting and buck must be 3 points to 1 side...
Not many like my rules..Oh Well ...