Spitfire FOC 170 Broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

Spitfire FOC 170 Broadhead

Post by WNYBILL »

Since NAP has discontinued the 170 Magnum and there are no replacement blades available.

How do the 170 FOC, 2 blade broadhead work? To have a 4 inch cut, the blades have to be 2+ inches long. Seems like they would be fragile. Are they like the other Spitfire mechanicals and fly the same with field points? Looking for "real world" experience.

Bill
Normous

Re: Spitfire FOC 170 Broadhead

Post by Normous »

I used the 170 FOC for many years , taking 8 or 9 deer with them. Not one deer made it past 50 yards after being shot.
Looking over my notes, I only broke one .039 blade and bend 2 or 3. The rest of the blades were reusable and closed easily.

The actual performing cut is 2 3/4" and 3 " at its widest point. I have a factory sealed replacement blade package with blades, screws and clips available if you require replacement.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I do not think the FOC 170 great are made anymore I did not see them on NAP home page.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

The NAP FOC 170 gr broadheads are awesome they cut like a small hatchet and leave awesome blood trails. I just ordered some more for a friend of mine off Amazon. The price has went over on them over the last couple of years like everything else has. If they're going to discontinue them I guess I need to stock up on them because they're my favorite. They shoot right with my field points out to 60 yards and that's pretty good for a broadhead that hits like a tank. I've killed 2 does with them so far this year and the last one I hit in the front shoulder and it exited the opposite lower shoulder and almost cut the leg bone into. The meat processor said he had never seen a broadhead wound on a deer look so devastating.

Buy some and try them out and you will definitely be happy.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I just tried to look them up and still have them . 800 + replacement blades left.
W.M.