420TD questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigrak

420TD questions

Post by bigrak »

Can you still use a traditional rope cocker?
Will a DM Top quiver mount fit on the riser?
Thanks.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
amythntr

Re: 420TD questions

Post by amythntr »

...Roy, yes you can use the rope cocker...but why would you when you have a great cocking system built in?

...as for Danny Miller's top post...you should ask him but I might venture to say it might work with some modification. Having an A420TD myself I PM'd Terry (Munchmount) and he did not think his MM would fit on the new riser...he said he would take a look when he gets back from moose camp and see what he can do.

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:02 pm
...Roy, yes you can use the rope cocker...but why would you when you have a great cocking system built in?

...as for Danny Miller's top post...you should ask him but I might venture to say it might work with some modification. Having an A420TD myself I PM'd Terry (Munchmount) and he did not think his MM would fit on the new riser...he said he would take a look when he gets back from moose camp and see what he can do.

I ordered the A420TD, it just seems it would be faster to use the traditional rope cocker.
Do you still need to put your foot in the stirrup to crank the bow?
New 420TD Assassin
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bigrak wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:03 pm
amythntr wrote:

I ordered the A420TD, it just seems it would be faster to use the traditional rope cocker.
....you do not have to...I sometimes use it for my A360...it just makes it safer....If you want to pull a draw weight of 290lbs then you can use a cocking rope....why wouldn't you have bought the 440 (the fastest out there) and and sold the external crank that comes with it if you want to pull it manually....to me it seems like a waste to have the extra weight of the crank if the intention is not to use it....JMHO

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:25 pm
bigrak wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:03 pm
amythntr wrote:

....you do not have to...I sometimes use it for my A360...it just makes it safer....If you want to pull a draw weight of 290lbs then you can use a cocking rope....why wouldn't you have bought the 440 (the fastest out there) and and sold the external crank that comes with it if you want to pull it manually....to me it seems like a waste to have the extra weight of the crank if the intention is not to use it....JMHO

I like the design of the A420TD a lot better and the take down feature over the 440. I will try using the crank also.
New 420TD Assassin
jafacakes

Post by jafacakes »

just a heads up to other 420TD owners - I've fired my bow a total of 10 times, was out deer hunting the other day with no luck, so when I was decocking the spindle holding the string separated. Not throwing shade at Excalibur, I'm taking it in to Easthill when i get a chance so they can check it out. There is a set screw that holds the assembly together - I strongly suggest you verify yours is snug and secure. I contacted Excalibur and they called me back and said there is no torque setting for that screw just 'snug and tight' was suggested. Anyways my spindle assembly has a big gouge where the set screw attaches so I think that is the root cause of the problem. I'll post more updates as I get them.

Other than that it's a decent bow.

Good luck. Be safe.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Got pics? I'm curious what the spindle is.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:06 pm
Got pics? I'm curious what the spindle is.
X2 :crazy: