Dental band breakdowns

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Dental band breakdowns

Post by longbow joe »

When l put my 3/16 medium dental bands on my lazerstrikes,superfreaks,and shockwaves the band is a nice translucent color in a few days they kinda start breaking down n turning white etc. What is my problemo,ls there a better brand than some others?
I was thinking it was possible oil from the broadhead but it is not just rapid uv death l think.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Re: Dental band breakdowns

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:48 am
When l put my 3/16 medium dental bands on my lazerstrikes,superfreaks,and shockwaves the band is a nice translucent color in a few days they kinda start breaking down n turning white etc. What is my problemo,ls there a better brand than some others?
I was thinking it was possible oil from the broadhead but it is not just rapid uv death l think.
....I have had no problemo....I have used a couple of different ones over the last few years with the Spitfires and no issues such as yours....PM me your address and I will get some out to you brother!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/mP6BcHWm]Image
4 days old and they were clear when new. Already breaking down. ....glad the company dont make rubbers........thanks Anthony your the best
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Joe....I didn't get a PM yet..

Those Super Freaks look very similar to the Spitfire MAXX that I use :eusa-think: ....What is the story with the black band....couldn't you move that up?
Also, have you opened the blades to show yourself or friends :eusa-doh: ....NAP does not recommend that you do that....you will flatten out the dimple holding the blades tightly in place.

Anthony :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The pictured head looks like a Cabelas Lazer Strike ll. Do you really think you need extra bands on it Joe? I never had any issues with them opening prematurely. :think:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have used the rubber band on spitfires last year and double them up and had no problem . I still have a few with them still on from last year and I keep them in the frig.
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yes it is a lazer strike 2.The stock bottom o ring has never failed me.The stock o ring is rated to 400 fps. In a normal bow. I have used the stock o ring only with the 355 and on down on everything from geese to deer with o issue. I'm just anal and what is it gonna hurt to put the extra rubber band. Last year the o ring rubber band even totally opened on the swamp buck with the whimpy 250 fps vixen The lazer strike 2 is a deadly nap made head
In my opinion why waste money on the spitfires.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The shockwave is sold at a lot of dicks stores/ field n stream . It's the same head also.
Last edited by longbow joe on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/GTnnGLzy]Image
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:00 pm
[url=https://postimg.cc/GTnnGLzy]Image
LBJ....check out Dicks....I believe they are having a $20 off on $100 purchase....plus if their like the Spitfire...they might come in a 4 pack for the same price and free delivery to boot! :thumbup: THEY DO NOT COME IN A 4 PACK...BUT SEE THE LINK BELOW LBJ

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/nap-shockwave-3-blade-mechanical-broadheads-100-gr-3-pack-15narushckwv100graro/15narushckwv100graro?recid=rechub_PageElement_rechub1_rr_1_2502_&rrec=true

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea at 20 bucks for 3 it's great bargain on a great broadhead
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:12 pm
Yea at 20 bucks for 3 it's great bargain on a great broadhead
.....They're cheaper because they have a 1.25 cutting edge...a little meaner tip to cause the shockwave me thinks :eusa-think:

.....your's come to about 6.70/BH....with the deal I got on the Spits,
it came to about 8.00/BH.....for that additional .5 inches of cutting diameter.....

....now I have enough for my grandchildren to use long after I'm gone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Anthony :eusa-dance:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 am
[url=https://postimg.cc/mP6BcHWm]Image
4 days old and they were clear when new. Already breaking down. ....glad the company dont make rubbers........thanks Anthony your the best
Inside job! Nothing sells more Jimmy Hats like a good ol' fashioned pregnancy scare!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Lol .never know you could be so lucky that you use em up this season. .....or if zombies come. Pretty soon we will have to get our names printed on em