Limb pocket fittment

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Limb pocket fittment

Post by foofoo »

never came across this. just went to mount up a set of micro limbs and one of the limbs is shorter from the limb mounting hole to the end of the pocket. i checked with my other Micro and Matrix and those limbs just about go to the end of the limb pocket. these are not the newer thicker limbs. not gonna finnish mounting these til i contact Excal but ive never seen this before. might be hard to see in the picture but the gap is near 1/4 inch.Image
Stepnoutnb

Re: Limb pocket fittment

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Are the limbs the same length? Just curious. Is the length from the center of the hole to the tip of both limbs the same?
Anyway you can post a clearer picture. That will give folks something to look out for.
Good luck
janesy

Post by janesy »

foofoo wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:26 pm
never came across this. just went to mount up a set of micro limbs and one of the limbs is shorter from the limb mounting hole to the end of the pocket. i checked with my other Micro and Matrix and those limbs just about go to the end of the limb pocket. these are not the newer thicker limbs. not gonna finnish mounting these til i contact Excal but ive never seen this before. might be hard to see in the picture but the gap is near 1/4 inch.Image
I've had some slightly shorter, but never 1/4".
Measure your tiller, that's the most important thing. As long as it's the same, shoot away
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

from the picture the gap is much bigger on the right if you look at it.im not gonna go through the process of stringing and bolting it up if its an issue.from the tip to bolt mounting hole looks o.k. i even checked the riser to see if it was a milling issue. just never seen a gap this big in the limb pocket. i thought at first maybe its a new design but being only one limb and being the older version thinner limbs didnt think it could be a new design thing.guess no ones seen this before. i will check with Excal.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

It will probably be fine but not really exceptible in my opinion.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Dawn has already replied. just never seen this before and wanna be safe. as always great customer service lightning fast!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Great news.