Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Goose52

Re: Excalibur taking a beating.

Post by Goose52 »

ThunderXB wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm
I AM on Facebook, minimally, but here's a take:

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, where I'm going fishing, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, my fishing, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
i like this. will you be my friend?
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I do go on facebook (which I usually call farcebook) but unlike most folks, I read very little of what is posted as it just has nothing to do with me. I make a quick check on a couple of friends and relatives then get off.

Rather than the bashing of it, I simply use it as a very small tool and realize that the other crap that is posted has nothing to do with me. I move on to the important stuff.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Canines have there own version called Butt Book!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Buttonsonly

Post by Buttonsonly »

There's a lot of problems with the bd440. I have one and already replaced the limbs and now replacing the string because of the serving. All within under a 100 shots. I wish I could take this thing back. For $1500 I expected alot better
SEW

Post by SEW »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:09 am
ThunderXB wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm
I AM on Facebook, minimally, but here's a take:

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, where I'm going fishing, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, my fishing, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
This is absolutely priceless!! :lol: :clap: :lol:
AJ
I am sitting in my tree stand with one of my SWATs, thinking about my BD400 , and reading this thread. Read this post and thought, “This priceless”. It must be since others are having the same reaction.
This is priceless !!
2019 Bulldog 440

Post by 2019 Bulldog 440 »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:05 pm
Please do tell. Where are all these complaints? I would love to read them.
These next statements are for the original poster but just my observations.
I’ve read allot of complaints in the last 6 months (because that’s as long as I’ve had an Excalibur) some legitimate which were professionally resolved. Lots of the complaints I’ve read seem like BS and or TROLLING.
Thanks
Wayne
I have a 2019 BD 440 and I just bought it about a month ago at Bass Pro Shops. My right original limbs was delaminating and looked like a splinter at full draw. I don’t know what happened but it was right under pad of the airbrakes. I took pictures of it and sent it to Peter and he sent me new limbs. The color is off but I think it’s still for the BD 440. I have never “dry fired” my bow and really can’t happen now a days so I don’t know how it happened. I just know that it did but it was rectified within a week. I’m not that mad about the issue since it was handled immediately. I would post pictures but I don’t know how so if you want photos PM me and I’ll e-mail them to you.
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
2020 MAG 340 Kryptec Raid
Wish:
to have the rest of the newer 2020 Excalibur crossbow’s with QLT. :eusa-violin:
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

2019 Bulldog 440 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:58 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
I’ve read allot of complaints in the last 6 months (because that’s as long as I’ve had an Excalibur) some legitimate which were professionally resolved. Lots of the complaints I’ve read seem like BS and or TROLLING.
Thanks
Wayne
I have a 2019 BD 440 and I just bought it about a month ago at Bass Pro Shops. My right original limbs was delaminating and looked like a splinter at full draw. I don’t know what happened but it was right under pad of the airbrakes. I took pictures of it and sent it to Peter and he sent me new limbs. The color is off but I think it’s still for the BD 440. I have never “dry fired” my bow and really can’t happen now a days so I don’t know how it happened. I just know that it did but it was rectified within a week. I’m not that mad about the issue since it was handled immediately. I would post pictures but I don’t know how so if you want photos PM me and I’ll e-mail them to you.
Thanks for sharing. I’m glad they looked after you so fast. There dose seem to be issues. Although I’ve been told only 1-2% of Excalibur’s have had problems. We consumers would have no way of quantifying those numbers.
Being 62 I was brought up to take someone at their word. This is how I look at everyone until they do me wrong. For me the way Excalibur handles these type of matters professionally makes the difference. Their word is good. In the end that’s all I can ask for.
Wayne
2019 Bulldog 440

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 pm
2019 Bulldog 440 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:58 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Thanks
Wayne
Thanks for sharing. I’m glad they looked after you so fast. There dose seem to be issues. Although I’ve been told only 1-2% of Excalibur’s have had problems. We consumers would have no way of quantifying those numbers.
Being 62 I was brought up to take someone at their word. This is how I look at everyone until they do me wrong. For me the way Excalibur handles these type of matters professionally makes the difference. Their word is good. In the end that’s all I can ask for.
Wayne
I’m the total opposite than you! 😂 I think you’re guilty until proven innocent. With that being said, I know no company is perfect and the thing that set Excalibur apart from everyone else is that 1) they make a well above average bow- not perfect but sure darn close. 2) they have great customer service- even though they are a small company that produces these crossbow’s in bulk yet they act as if they’re the Apple/Tesla of all crossbow’s. It’s what can make or break your company. The human element which most company’s lack these days are one of Excalibur’s strong suites. 3) they are transparent about there products- they never try to inflate their numbers (FPS) just like 10point. They tell you what you should accept straight out of the box and most often than not they exceed their advertised speeds.

I was shocked when I found out there was delaminating going on my right limb. I didn’t “dry fire” the bow so I don’t know how that splinter got there. All I know is that I took a picture of the splinter that was directly under my airbrake pads and sent it to Peter. I also registered the issue online and received an RMA # and when Peter contacted me back he asked me “ what camo pattern do you have on your bow?” He sent me replacements that got to me within a week and I just installed it the other day. I love the fact that Peter did not try and pawn it off on me, trying to tell me I did something something wrong and bla bla. He didn’t do that. However, the limbs that he sent me were a little off on the camo pattern. The original limbs and my stock was MO BUC and so were the ones he sent me BUT these had a greenish tinge to it and my original limbs had a yellowish tinge to it. That part doesn’t bother me so much because I went ahead and bought a chrono and if the numbers are close to the stock numbers then we aren’t going to have an issue but if the numbers are significantly off then I will be contacting g then again so they can give me Good Evening! Limbs that shoots 440FPS. All YouTube videos show all Excalibur’s meeting or exceeding their advertised speeds. So far, there’s been no issues and granted I didn’t go out and shoot it yet. I also changed my pink string to a blue string and I’m waiting a few days for the string to creep and set in before I sight in the bow. Now the serving of the pink string was splitting. I could see the pink under the black serving and that bothered me so I changed the strings. I will keep a eye on it to make sure it’s not the trigger latch mechanism that’s causing the serving to split like that. Again, I wished I could attach photos but it’s saying “file too loathe.”

In the end, Peter told me to keep the limbs as back up and I bought another pair from him but he said it may take a few weeks since it’s coming from Canada. I just rather be safe than sorry. I want my bow to last years down the road and make it a family heirloom. I doubt crossbow’s are going to get much faster than 440FPS. The Nitro Nxt doesn’t count because with the supplied bolts the bow only shoots 440FPS. It’s with their Proflight bolts that help them achieve 470FPS but it’s a really light bolt and I don’t see many people who are going to invest their money on lighter bolts.

Button line, I plan for this bow to be working for years to come and the ability to maintain the crossbow by yourself rather than a Pro Shop which is more than I could ask for. The bow does what it’s intended to do and that’s all I’m asking for except when I have to take the string off and then the stringing aid it’s always a bitch trying to get the stringer to loosen up so I can give the string enough slack to work on the limbs or riser. I know there are some individuals having the same if not exactly the same issues but I’m not going to follow the flock and get all bent out of shape because “someone else.” I think sometimes people try and find flaws in an otherwise flawless design of any product bc they’re not used to getting quality products and they manifest these problems that aren’t that big of an issue. Look, if you had a compound bow and the strings/cables break the bow will “dry fire” and ruin your limbs/cams and good luck getting that fixed in a weeks time. I didn’t mind waiting a week for the limbs because I could do all the work myself.

Excalibur’s are just simply tough! 😂
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
Wish:
2019 Bulldog 440

Buttonsonly wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:44 pm
There's a lot of problems with the bd440. I have one and already replaced the limbs and now replacing the string because of the serving. All within under a 100 shots. I wish I could take this thing back. For $1500 I expected alot better
You claimed you have a lot of problems with the BD 440. Please enlighten me because I too have the bow and you’ve only listed 2 minor issues that I’m sure were rectified if you contacted Excalibur directly. I had a delaminating issue on my right limbs and my center serving on my 1992 string is wearing out really fast but that may be because of the fact that I twisted the string clockwise and not counterclockwise like Peter said I should’ve done. I seem to have the same two issues but you claimed you had “so many” so what else happened with your bow to make you want to return it? How did you manage to pay $1500 for the bow? The bow is on sale for $1399 at all retailers and I haven’t seen them to be more expensive than that. Please enlighten me! Thanks in advance!
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
Wish:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony wrote:PS I struggled with posting this as I do not want to come across complaining I just would like to know what is going on!
It's called Murphy's Law.
On an aside, just curious, do most splinters occur on the left or the right limb?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

2% Have been hearing that for ten years. Bows going faster and faster and still two percent. Had a friend that used his for deer hunting. Would pull it out the night before deer season and back in closet when weather cooled. Quess his chances of being the 2% is lower than mine shooting a couple- three times per week. Guess me shooting exo series still i help the 2%ers club look good. LOL CHEERS!
Buttonsonly

Post by Buttonsonly »

2019 Bulldog 440 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:55 am
Buttonsonly wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:44 pm
You claimed you have a lot of problems with the BD 440. Please enlighten me because I too have the bow and you’ve only listed 2 minor issues that I’m sure were rectified if you contacted Excalibur directly. I had a delaminating issue on my right limbs and my center serving on my 1992 string is wearing out really fast but that may be because of the fact that I twisted the string clockwise and not counterclockwise like Peter said I should’ve done. I seem to have the same two issues but you claimed you had “so many” so what else happened with your bow to make you want to return it? How did you manage to pay $1500 for the bow? The bow is on sale for $1399 at all retailers and I haven’t seen them to be more expensive than that. Please enlighten me! Thanks in advance!
I guess there is no sales tax where you live, must be nice. Excalibur has been awesome at solving the problem in a timely manner. But two sets of limbs and a string all under 100 shots is maybe acceptable for you but not me. I got a micro 335 and had 3 strings on it in 750 shots, not complaining. I have a 1990 exocet with over 5,000 shots on it and only replaced the string once.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have an issue with a new addition crossbow with Excalibur I won't and I don't make a big fuss or complain on the forum . It does not get fixed this way right now the current issue is in Excalibur's hands they are really inspecting the issue I sent Peter all the info and he is on it . I know the issue will be solved to every ones liking . The warranty is that good ! Just got email from peter problem solved to every ones liking .
2019 Bulldog 440

I had my right limbs splinter and I contacted Excalibur and within a week they sent me a new set of limbs and I also bought a spare set of limbs in case this is a common issue. Putting on new limbs seemed to solve the problem and I haven’t had any problems since then. I was partially at fault for the first set of the limbs splintering because I kinda “dry fired” the bow while I was trying to install new strings.

I don’t understand what sales tax has anything to do with the limbs of the bow needing to be replaced. If you don’t like your bow I’m sure you had a trial period depending on when/where you bought it. I bought my bow from Bass Pro Shops and they were willing to take the bow back but that was the only BD440 they had. My other choice was to upgrade to the Assassin 420TD and that was $400 more than the BD 440 and I rather have the speed than have a bow be a TD.
Own:
2019 Bulldog 440 MOBUC
Wish:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Never had a limb issue, I’m on my eighth Excalibur and shot the snot out of every one of them. Luck, maybe. :eusa-popcorn:
I'm not saying folks don't have legitimate issues, or that there were never any issues that maybe were the from the design, but I have had NONE! I also don't know how anyone could bash a brand that takes such good care of their customers. When you're not taken care of, BITCH away, by all means! Otherwise, move along!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!