Rage 125 for micro 335 adding weight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Looper21

Rage 125 for micro 335 adding weight

Post by Looper21 »

I have been shooting rage 125s crossbow broad heads and they work great. . Just wondering with all the talk of snapped limbs do I need to add weight to the bolts ? If so what is the easiest way I don’t want to fool around changing inserts on the diaboloos
nchunterkw

Re: Rage 125 for micro 335 adding weight

Post by nchunterkw »

I think the easiest way would be to add Lumenoks (28gr) and bump up to 150gr Slick Trick or 170gr NAP FOC. DIablos are not as stiff as something like a Zombie Slayer so you might get a little extra flex with the heavier head, but hunting accuracy should be fine.

The heaviest arrow I have found is the GoldTip Nitro Pro. It is 14GPI versus 9 for a BEA ZS, or BEA Executioner. GT has a weight system where you can add screw in weights to the inserts so you can customize.

Easton FMJs are heavy too (13.9GPI). You can buy FMJs as 20" arrows with brass inserts (I think they are around 65gr) and just cut them to the desired length. With BEA you can but shafts and components and make what you like.

For my 335 I shoot 16" BEA ZS, 110gr brass insert, 125gr or 150gr BH, Lumenok, 2" feathers. Comes in at 410 or 435 gr based on BH choice.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Interesting question I kinda doubt the lighter head is a cause as I had 2 sets of limbs fold over one set on the first time I actually cocked the bow lol
janesy

Post by janesy »

Looper21 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:54 am
I have been shooting rage 125s crossbow broad heads and they work great. . Just wondering with all the talk of snapped limbs do I need to add weight to the bolts ? If so what is the easiest way I don’t want to fool around changing inserts on the diaboloos
The easy answer is no. You don't need to add weight.

But there are added benifits to doing so, one of which is potential longevity to limb life. As mentioned above there are some easy ways to do it
On the other hand, buying a heavier arrow is probably the best bet financially, as the benefits of the better arrows outway the other options almost every other time. Accuracy, consistency, quality, stiffness all come with better arrows
But 375 is pretty popular, and most likely will not be the cause of a limb failure
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

While shopping at cabelas I found rage 150gr trypan heads. Haven't shot any deer with them yet hope they work as well as my boltcutters 4 deer and 1 coyote. Kiki