Having a hard time finding zero

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngguns

Having a hard time finding zero

Post by youngguns »

I have a matrix 380 I have had for years over the years I have had great luck with outside having 2 limb replacements I can’t explain why I try to zero my 20 pin arrows are not consistent I put new string on new limbs I am currently shooting custom 18 inch arrows from south shore and everything else is still the same as it has been when it was driving tacks is there something I am overlooking I was sighting it in on lead sled like I always have now I cannot get a group to save my A— — ! String is 1/4 inch off bumpers everything is tight I have went over everything I could think of but maybe not that why I know you guys and gals heard it done it fixed it i would appreciate a counseling session please help thank you so much :eusa-pray:
A stupid question is a question never asked
janesy

Re: Having a hard time finding zero

Post by janesy »

Did you remove the stock and check the trigger screws?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

I agree with janesy. I own one of the first M380. Love that bow see no need to get any other. That being said that bow shakes screws loose faster than any of my high power rifles. Lock tite be darned. I’m lucky. I finally realized that when my bow starts shooting 6” low at 20 yds my screws are loose. Tighten those puppies back up and I’m back in business. I check and tighten my screws after each practice session just to make sure I’m good when it’s time to let to hunting. I also shoot off of a Caldwell Deadshot Field Pod rest just to make sure any screwups are mine and not the bow. Good luck let us know how you make out. Save some of us some time figuring our own out.
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Thank you so much for the reply guys I found that my screws that hold down the ADF to the trigger or loose so I’m glad I can count on you guys to point me in the right direction thank you so much hunt safe
A stupid question is a question never asked
janesy

Post by janesy »

One thing to mention, locktite and nail polish don't work if you don't clean the threads both male and female before applying. And even still, less locktite is best
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Glad you found the problem. Noting worse than making that last practice shot to verify zero before you put the bow up for the next days hunt, only tho have your arrow fly off into never never land because of a loose screw. (No pun intended). Lol.