Grizzly Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

Grizzly Trigger

Post by WNYBILL »

The trigger on my Grizzly is too far back in the housing (trigger guard) and it is hard to get my finger on it properly. Have to bend my finger and use the very tip of my finger to depress trigger. It that the nature of the Grizzly, maybe all Matrix? Been thinking of taking the Dremal tool to the stock. I do not have large hands. I have 2 Axioms and they do not have this porblem. I think they are a better trigger.

Bill
janesy

Re: Grizzly Trigger

Post by janesy »

The grizzly has the shorter stock used on the 308 named the "compact thumbhole" stock. I also found the trigger location to be not optimal. The Griz2 has the micro stock(Feather-Lite stock) on it.

Your axiom has the older stocks used on the long limbers if I recall correctly. They had more traditional measurements

Personally if it were me, I would sell the short compact stock and buy a micro or matrix stock for your Grizzly as you'll probably appreciate the full length of pull and grown up dimensions.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

Are stocks interchangeable between grizzly and g340? I like the compact grizzly stock but want power of g340.??
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
janesy

Post by janesy »

vpsaline wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 pm
Are stocks interchangeable between grizzly and g340? I like the compact grizzly stock but want power of g340.??
Depends on how mechanically inclined you are. I don't know for certain that the compact stock front hole lines up with the Feather-Lite stock. If they line up, then yes they do interchange, but if they don't the composite stock of the G340 may not be as easy to drill and tap. Or at least it's not easily fixed like aluminum.

I'd be more inclined to go AXE 340 MoBU and then find someone with a MOBU 308 Short who wants to trade
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
WNYBILL

Post by WNYBILL »

So, it's not me!!!!! Is there enough material in the stock to go after it with the Dremel and a sanding drum? The thumbhole stock is very wide, if there is enough material I can make it thinner with the sanding drum.

Bill
Boo

Post by Boo »

Maybe think about extending the stock at the butt end?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
WNYBILL

Post by WNYBILL »

Boo, It is not the length of the stock, it's the position of the trigger in the trigger guard. Look at your picture, trigger is hanging in center of trigger guard, mine is in the back, about 1/8 inch from the back. Have to press it with my finger tip.

Bill
Boo

Post by Boo »

WNYBILL wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:00 am
Boo, It is not the length of the stock, it's the position of the trigger in the trigger guard. Look at your picture, trigger is hanging in center of trigger guard, mine is in the back, about 1/8 inch from the back. Have to press it with my finger tip.

Bill
If you mean the side of the trigger guard prevents you from accessing the trigger, try a swept forward trigger lever from a Vortex or Equinox or try bending the lever by pressing between 3 points in a vice. There is some latitude for bending forward (only) by pulling the stock off and hitting the trigger lever forward with a rubber mallet. Quite a few MIcros will have their trigger lever stick in the trigger guard and smacking it with a rubber mallet is a certain fix.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

The G340 and Grizzly won’t interchange on mine?

My Grizzly trigger is just right.