I wish that we could check our trigger bolts without removing the stock...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Smong2000

I wish that we could check our trigger bolts without removing the stock...

Post by Smong2000 »

I hate to pull off my stock just to check the screws because my stock bolts get loctite too. Anyone drilled the stock to allow access to the trigger box bolts on the bottom and is it even possible on a Bulldog? Seems like being able to easily put a wrench on them would eliminate a lot of the mysterious 'bow not shooting good anymore' issues.
racking up points

Re: I wish that we could check our trigger bolts without removing the stock...

Post by racking up points »

I don’t locktite the stock-to-mainframe screws, so pulling off my stock to check the trigger box screws isn’t a problem. Especially with a plastic stock, (mine is a laminated wood), you shouldn’t really torque those stock-to-mainframe screws...I just “finger tighten” those.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
janesy

Post by janesy »

Yep, Blue locktite for things you don't want to come loose. Nail polish for things you use frequently.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

If it keeps coming loose you probably aren't tightening the fasteners enough. Tighten them more and use blue or green loctite.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

When you have a job like mine .coming home and taking 2 stock screws out isn't that big of an issue....lololo
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Boo wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:36 am
If it keeps coming loose you probably aren't tightening the fasteners enough. Tighten them more and use blue or green loctite.
Mine have never come loose on the BD400 and the stock bolts were loctited on by the factory. I mention this only because seems like every few days I read in a forum somewhere that a person's Excalibur was shooting great and suddenly goes south. Then we tell them to check all the bolts including the hidden ones... and some genius, like the previous owner of an Excalibur I once had, strips the stock to frame threads so the stock keeps coming loose.
Boo

Post by Boo »

When I was helping Triggertech for their final development, I drilled holes in a Exocet because we were swapping trigger units sometimes a few times a day. So I guess it is possible but why not just tighten them properly so they don't come off. So many fastener problems are caused by their owners not tightening their fasteners enough. All I know is I do not want them putting wheels on my truck :crazy:
Some people just like stepping on rakes