To pee or not to pee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

elkaholic

To pee or not to pee

Post by elkaholic »

:shifty: :eusa-snooty:

Do I get down, it's prime time. Been sitting for hrs. Bladders going to burst.
Do I just let it fly , trying not to get stand soaked.

Will the smell scare any deer away ? Or keep them from coming
:think:
Carnivorous

Re: To pee or not to pee

Post by Carnivorous »

Pee in a water bottle. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Reposted.
Last edited by elkaholic on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Ok up 15 ft in a ladder or climbing stand. Several layers of clothes. Balancing act just to stand and stretch. Let alone a place to hang bow, and have both hands free. Let alone trying to line up a small opening of a water bottle, even a gatorade bottle.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have no Bucks anocdotal stories, but last year I pissed off my stand and within a half hour I had two fawns jumping and playing in it while Mom stood guard

At bear camp I used a bottle. But bring a bigger bottle than you think you'll need lol
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Let it fly.............I have found more times than not a deer will come investigate.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

pee away will not bother deer do some research on it most guys pee in the scrapes been doing it for years i have shot a lot of animals bear also never bother them
artifact

Post by artifact »

Pee doesn't seem to bother them, just don't poop all around a stand!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Every time I start to pee I have a deer walk up to me. Last time it was at 5yds.
We stand there looking at each other! I'm holding it till it bursts!
:oops:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

For what it’s worth I’ve always used a laundry detergent bottle in the ground blind or in a stand works good for me
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Tom

Post by Tom »

Many years ago I was a member of a trailcam building forum. I witnessed through pictures posted on the forum this .......

A member was having trouble with anti-hunters around his stands so he posted 3 trail cams near eact of his stands. He had pictures of 1 male and 1 female that would walk up and pee into his mock scrapes. He then had bucks and does tend to the scrape less then 30 minutes after the humans made their deposit :wtf: .

He did forward the pictures to the local ministry, they recognized the male, and if you can believe this, he admitted to peeing in the scrape to deter deer from approaching because he knew that there was a deer stand in view. They charged him with harassing a lawfull hunter.

It caused a serious discussion, biologist suggested that they were attracted to the ammonia, which is a main ingredient in artificial attractant.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Tom

Post by Tom »

We use to use antifree jugs as a container, but we found that bears loved to chew on the jugs if we left them nearby (instead ov carrying them the 2-3 klms in and out).

Actually we found that pee never hindered any activity.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Pee is urea all mammals have urea=pee. A buck will actually taste urea trying to detect the hormones that represent a doe is in heat.
Male dogs do the exact same thing. They taste the females uterus to detect the correct hormone to see if the female is ready to breed. Male dogs have 2 glands in the roof of there mouth ambling them to taste the hormones. If you have ever been around a male dog near a female in season and he checks her you will see the male’s skin on his forehead moving back and forward as he makes a popping sound. He is popping his tongue on the roof of his mouth trying to determine if the female is ready. This popping allows him to taste the hormones on those glands. Ask you vet. I may have the terminology wrong but this is what happens.
The best attraction for bull moose is sold here in Canada it is the urine from a mare.
While making a mock scrape i’ve Peed in them every time. Deer always check it and use it.
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Ok Ok Ok. Good discussion now let’s get down to brass tacks. When do you guys (or I guess we can reverse it GALS) do when nature calls and you’re hunting with your granddaughter or grandson Lol. Now there is an exercise in logistics. Lol. Sorry really don’t mean to highjack your thread.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If I'm in the boat with the girls (daughters) l pee out the back.....they make fun of the old man because they can hold it forever. If were Turkey hunting I step or lean out on the non exposed side. They dont deer hunt . And no a deer could care less if you pee around your stand. I routinely spray tinks doe p . Through the sit anyway
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.