OT: right place at the right time! For once.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

OT: right place at the right time! For once.

Post by janesy »

Getting set to head off for Moose camp is a little stressful, I had to do days worth of work today to keep ahead of the next few days. Also Im currently generaling an 8640SQFT concrete pad that is being poured Monday while I'm away. Not been a fun week.

This morning I find myself with a window of time to do nothing, so I head up to the coffee shop, grab a coffee and shoot the bull with some guys.

As I'm walking out after a couple minutes, I'm chatting with a buddy and we get to the other side of the parking lot, about 25-30 yards from the Highway. I open my coffee take a sip, and as I'm having my first sip, past the cup, I see the front end of a passing dodge Caravan just blow to bits and parts fly all over the road. Nobody else around, and they don't even touch the brakes and keep going. Van is pretty messed up.

My buddy says, must have popped a steer tire(he's a trucker) and gets in his truck and drives away. So I figure, Hmm, wonder what that was. This highway often has hitchhiker's, and the van made no attempt to slow. So I figured I'd do the right thing and walk over.

And there she was, laying in a soft bed of wet grass, was the biggest Doe I've ever seen! Now... I'm not typically a connoisseur of highway steaks, but she was alive not 20 seconds before I found her. I had to call a delivery driver to help me get her in the truck. But after a quick field dress, she had every rib on her left side clean broken and her head was pretty bobbly. All 4 quarter, loins and tenderloins were completely untouched.
Called it in to the Ministry and got the approval. Now she's in the freezer. Coffee went cold tho unfortunately.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Patcon

Re: OT: right place at the right time! For once.

Post by Patcon »

Well you know she's fresh and many times the majority of the animal is good. :thumbup:
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wow, she’s a big gal! Congrats on being in the right place.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Road Kill Cafe! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Road Kill Cafe! :eusa-dance:
Don are you requesting for more donations for next years Boofest ......... POTLUCK ......... :lol:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Dang, they don't have a "mini van season" in Texas! :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Congrats, I would do the same thing. Miss the days of my Dad when he was an OPP he would phone me with deer that were hit by cars and he had to shoot with is pistol. I would get 4 or 5 every year. Used to grind it all up into hamburger. My kidswere raised and never knew that that's what they were eating. My daughter even now at age 35 says she would never eat venison. I have never even to this day told her, even when hunting comes up in our talks. :lol:
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I used to be on the fire department and a couple of the guys on my truck were also deer hunters. One day we responded to 2 deer and auto collisions one a pickup hit 2 deer and the other a small doe was struck by a car. After a couple short tracks later we had 3 deer hanging in the hose tower by noon :eusa-shhh:

Post by newbie »

What time is dinner Chris?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Bonus, enjoy the doe loins !!

Deer / vehicle collisions often cause considerable damage. I know this all to well, while on holiday some time back we hit and killed 2 in one hour on
the Coastal Rd 101 in California.

The repair to the new Chrysler 300 Hertz Rental was $19,200. My Master Card - Rental Ins. covered the whole amount.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Enjoy it Chris! :eusa-clap:

Marcel.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel