Back on the Excalibur train...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Smong2000

Back on the Excalibur train...

Post by Smong2000 »

:thumbup:
I just couldn't stay away for long, I got a BD400 this spring and just sprung for another Micro 355 today. Haven't decided yet if I get out of the wheeled bows completely and sell my Mission MXB400 or hang on to it for a while longer. I'm having a great time shooting the BD400 and totally impressed with the day to day accuracy and how reproducible the zero is even when changing strings or flipping them around. Honestly never expected that it might shoot better than the MXB400 at 60+ yards but it shoots pretty much any arrow, including culls, better by a consistent small margin. And recurves just look so much nicer and more 'organic' than the wheeled contraptions.
I had a Micro 355 for a short time 2 seasons ago and it ended badly, busting a limb 2 weeks before the season and the replacement process taking a month because it was misplaced or something. Now I am ready to try again with eyes wide open knowing that the limbs are very close to the edge of reliability and may break again but it is worth the risk. I will surely have a spare bow in my truck when I am hunting, and expect to keep the BD400 as my primary and carry the Micro on occasion. Should be a sweet little mountain bow with a red dot or reflex sight on it.... :eusa-clap:
Now to keep my eyes open for a couple sets of spare limbs reasonably priced so I can leave the spare bow home.
xcaliber

Re: Back on the Excalibur train...

Post by xcaliber »

Hope you have great luck with them. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!