Micro 355 questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Smong2000

Micro 355 questions

Post by Smong2000 »

Hi,
I just got a Micro 355 and have a couple questions for you guys who are familiar with them.
First off, what is the optimal brace height measured from the frontend joint?
Secondly, should there be an air gap between the limb retention bar and limb itself? Going by my BD400, there is no air gap between the limb and bar and there are rubber pads on both sides of the limb. I had to get shorter spacers and bolts from DM when I removed the airbrakes from my Bulldog and wondering if the wrong spacers are installed on the Micro. Also are airbrakes the same on Micro, Matrix, and Bulldog and interchangeable?
Thanks
Smong2000

Re: Micro 355 questions

Post by Smong2000 »

Anybody out there with a 355 that could check out their limb retention bars to see if they are contacting the limbs or if there is a 1/4" gap between the bar and limbs??? Please?
BCSteve

Post by BCSteve »

Just checked my 355 and there is a very small gap between the front of the limb and the retention bar, maybe 1-2mm. Definitely not 1/4”.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

BCSteve wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:33 pm
Just checked my 355 and there is a very small gap between the front of the limb and the retention bar, maybe 1-2mm. Definitely not 1/4”.
X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Smong2000 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Hi,
I just got a Micro 355 and have a couple questions for you guys who are familiar with them.
First off, what is the optimal brace height measured from the frontend joint?
Secondly, should there be an air gap between the limb retention bar and limb itself? Going by my BD400, there is no air gap between the limb and bar and there are rubber pads on both sides of the limb. I had to get shorter spacers and bolts from DM when I removed the airbrakes from my Bulldog and wondering if the wrong spacers are installed on the Micro. Also are airbrakes the same on Micro, Matrix, and Bulldog and interchangeable?
Thanks
there are no wrong spacers. the 355 originally came with no spacers. Then they introduced grey Ferrules, and now they use black ferrules. I do believe the ferrules are better, however grey or black, in my opinion, moving to black was simply to stream line production to utilize the then incoming thinker limbs.
I have ran all three setus on many micros now with no concerning difference, except the 1/8" allen heads makes parts swaps much easier.

perhaps post a pic of what you have to be sure we are all on the same page
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Thanks guys, I hit up another forum too and the answers are pretty much the same, very little space under the retention bars with a rubber pad on top and bottom of limb. I put a piece of moleskin under the bar and calling it good.
I shot it about 30 times before my afternoon hunt and it shoots dimes at 30 yds and quarters at 50 yds with hunting points. :thumbup: No problems with accuracy.... and I am amazed how quiet it shoots with the aftermarket rubber bumpers compared to the BD400. I am shooting a JBL regular string with 378 grain darts and the speed is around 350 fps!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Smong2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:15 am
Anybody out there with a 355 that could check out their limb retention bars to see if they are contacting the limbs or if there is a 1/4" gap between the bar and limbs??? Please?
I checked mine. No gap. Brace height? Keep the string off the RES and you'll be fine. I have a Micro Suppressor. I was concerned because I kept hearing all this talk about "brace height". If you shoot one of the Micro's with "all the bells and whistles", I was told by Excal to just keep the string off the rubber!!
Hopefully that wasn't bad advice cause I've been shooting mine that way for a couple of years now. Never any issues and it will "Robin Hood" them if you hold your mouth just right!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Darts? :wtf:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:28 pm
Darts? :wtf:
Oops! I meant splinters. :crazy: You gotta admit, those little factory arrows are cute - but deadly...