My swhacker experience

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

My swhacker experience

Post by longbow joe »

I have killed over 10 deer with the vixen 2 already big bucks/ doe.
All of the deer were recovered and all shots had total penetration (pass thru) .l like using the cabellas lazer strike 2 in the bow because of its o ring design and l think it opens up faster in the light crossbow than the spitfires...just my opinion.
That being said l purchased a pack of the new swhacker
Hybrid broadheads this year just because....l like trying new stuff. I guess its like a disease.
This morning l drilled a giant doe ,as big as they get. The shot was 20 yards broadside in the lungs high angle down to bottom lung on the other side.
I was just amazed that the 20 inch zombie had about 6 inches hanging out with a luminock waving goodbye
As she bolted.
I had pretty good blood in 20 yards and then l had great blood because she was now blowing it from mouth and nose she made it about 70 yards and l found the bolt fallen out and 6 more yards she was stone dead.
No complaints the swhacker definitely did its job but l was just amazed that it never penetrated the other side.
I recall the company saying you need like 50 lbs ke for the broadhead and we are there by a small margin over that.. I was wondering how you guys who use them all the time have to say about pennitration with even the faster bows.
I use the dead ringer super freak but l wont use it in anything but my 355 because it needs a lot of energy. But these broadheads are much smaller and also have the fixed blades.l guess l will go back to my lazer strikes lol. I want my pass thru back
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Re: My swhacker experience

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats on the doe, I’m gonna try the SWAT A4 mini, hope to stick something this morning! :eusa-popcorn:

I’ve had the same experience with Shwackers.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I’ve killed 1 large buck with a 2” original Schwacker. 427g arrow, SWAT, 28 yards, mid-chest (too high), didn’t exit, blades bent , spotty, but adequate blood trail, 200 yards, unimpressed. I love the various Slick Tricks, especially the Grizz Tricks and 150g Crossbow Tricks.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Sounds like it performed just as designed.

I bet the internals were sliced to pieces... which Swhacker did you use?

and congrats on the doe! :thumbup:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats! Any pics?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

It was the schwacker 100 grain hybrid it has 2 fixed bleeder blades and the regular swing outs.
I do not have any pics of the doe .
I too can't badmouth the broadhead because it worked lm just used to the passthrough and the two holes.
My next test is gonna be with the matrix 330 or the ibex both have a little more fps than the vixen well see if we get a pass thru. I got a lot of doe tags to fill .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Cool! look forward to hearing the results.

I'm shooting the 100 grain crossbow model that has a 1.75" cut out of my Equinox... It should be in the ground about an inch after pass through... but we'll see.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Cool shooting, Sir. I would want a pass-through with that broadhead. If it opens as fast as they say it does and is as sharp as it should be I think it should go through at that range.

Post by newbie »

I have them not pass through once. Well twice kind of.
First was my fault 100%. Buck was under my stand out 5 yards. I hit spine and both lungs.
Second was 3 weeks ago. Buck was close again almost same spot but maybe 10 yards out. Perfect close lung and heart. I watched him runnoff to my amazement with the fletching flush with his hide and blood gushing. I hit offide knee and that bent the blade and stopped the arrow. I found it 10ft from where he dropped.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

From reading other sources also it seems to be normal not to get passthrough but every one still finds their deer and keeps loyally using them. Ohh well what do l know.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I’ve never had a Swhacker fail me on any deer that I shot! Here was the last deer that I harvested with one.

Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme

Post by newbie »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:54 pm
From reading other sources also it seems to be normal not to get passthrough but every one still finds their deer and keeps loyally using them. Ohh well what do l know.
Point me to these other sources please. They have worked flawlessly for me. I like to see both sides of the coin.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Simply google" schwacker not getting full penetration"
Many others on various forums reported poor penetration but All claim the deer died and it wasn't an issue.
I'm not downing the broadhead here it killed the deer .lm just pointing out that it is not known for its penetration look it up.
I'm gonna use it again in the other crossbows and see if l get a passthru
Archery talk had many reports of poor penetration if you want a specific example.
When l started the post that l was surprised that the 260 fps crossbow has gotten 10 deer with other broadheads and not have had an issue with penetration one shot is not a hung jury l am merely reporting my findings.
There is no need to defend your Choice in broadheads lol.

Post by newbie »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:45 pm
Simply google" schwacker not getting full penetration"
Many others on various forums reported poor penetration but All claim the deer died and it wasn't an issue.
I'm not downing the broadhead here it killed the deer .lm just pointing out that it is not known for its penetration look it up.
I'm gonna use it again in the other crossbows and see if l get a passthru
Archery talk had many reports of poor penetration if you want a specific example.
When l started the post that l was surprised that the 260 fps crossbow has gotten 10 deer with other broadheads and not have had an issue with penetration one shot is not a hung jury l am merely reporting my findings.
There is no need to defend your Choice in broadheads lol.
Wasnt tryig to defend my choice. I wont be changing anytime soon have 4 packs to burn up yet. I just like to read good and bad. First i have heard of poor penetration with them.
Edit i just noticed you are talking the hybrids . I havent touched them. I don't think i ever would.
Last edited by newbie on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I had a Swhacker fail me. I was hunting late season about 8 above zero. Blades froze and did not open. Thank God of snow. Got the buck the next day.