Ozonics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcxbow

Re: Ozonics

Post by Bcxbow »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:39 pm
I really find it interesting that all I was looking for was info on where I could find an Ozonics unit, and the conversation gets to the point of being called an "inexperienced hunter" or a "complete Dummy". Why in the hell do people feel the need to criticize somebody for asking a simple question?
Then you get the simple comments like "if the wind ain't right, don' waste your time". Guess the wind has never changed direction on you while you were hunting.....or the deer never came from downwind instead of the direction you were hoping.
"It's kinda sad to need electronic mombo jumbo stuff like that to kill a deer that our ancestors killed with flintlock and longbow etc"......OK....what are you hunting with? Using a longbow with cedar arrows and flint broadheads that you made yourself? Probably not. Probably using a newer design high speed crossbow, I'm, thinking.

I don't care what you use to hunt and I don't criticize you for whatever you want to use. I live in the real world and have thick skin but these useless unnecessary criticisms of people are what ruin good forums.
:clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I have some friends that I hunt with and sometimes poke fun at me for some of the items I use. These are the same people that get mad when their flashlight is dead because they haven't changed the batteries since last year.I was a Bass Pro Hunting manager at one time and sold more than a few. Some people swear by them. I have things that I use ,you might not use, but work for me.You won't know unless you try it.I have never tried one but I can see the benifits of it. No product does it all. And yes,still have to play the wind.My response to my hunting buddies is "If it allows me to see or kill one deer that I wouldn't have seen otherwise,then it`s worth it to me."Question is ...... How much is an extra deer worth to you???
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

In my experience using one here's my thoughts. The ozone layer that showers your scent or odor in theory will work. The wind does alter throughout the day you can with slight movement redirect the unit toward the downwind. As I stated before, the unit just buys you time. I've had deer come in directly down wind and make the shot, but at some point they will pick up on the units smell and become alarmed. I will say I've seen more deer using the unit the past few seasons then in the past. Think of it this way, the Ozonics unit may not allow that deer or group of unseen deer to wind you 100 yards away that normally would, making for more sightings on stand or in a blind. Gun hunting is a blast, no pun intended...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott