Ozonics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Ozonics

Post by Reinyrooster »

I am seriously thinking about picking up an Ozonics unit and am not looking to start a debate on opinions as to whether or not they work. Since most, if not all of my future hunting will be from the ground, I want to increase my scent elimination.
I am wondering if anyone out there has a used unit they would like to sell or knows of any deals anywhere.
Sorry, if this should be in the Trading Post section, let me know or move it.
Thanks
AJ01

Re: Ozonics

Post by AJ01 »

I second that notion!
Anyone ever use one of these contraptions? :think:

We hear so much today about "scent control" that I think we get caught up in the 'latest and greatest" thing to come a long. If memory serves me correctly, (not saying I was alive back then), but didn't Native Americans (some of our Ancestors), actually hunt deer, elk, bear you name without all these new fangled gadgets in their arsenal?

I hear guys saying they smoke while hunting. I dip snuff while hunting. Others do all sorts of things :wink: , and still manage to kill a deer or two every year. So...what gives?
I think a lot is patience and persistence. Scouting and putting in the time and effort to learn what they needed to learn in order to make themselves successful. One big factor to me is weather and wind conditions. Somedays I just don't go out into the field because of these two factors.

You may defeat the eyes and ears of "Old Mossy Horns", but his nose is a lot better than that of your favorite hound dog's!! :mrgreen:

So...what's the answer?
I think it's simple, if the wind ain't right, don't waste your time. You'll just burn your stand up. Gadgets are great, but "Mother Nature" beats them all.
After all, she's been at it a long, long time!
Just my humble opinion!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

"if the wind ain't right, don't waste your time". .....great motto unless you're out hunting and the wind changes direction.....or the only place you can put your ground blind is not in an ideal location.
Don't turn your nose up at something just cause it's new unless you still ride a horse and use candles.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It’s hard to beat their nose. I have read some on it, and of course the advertising is great. All the hunting shows push them pretty hard. The technology sounds solid, but I don’t think it’s fool proof. I lug enough stuff currently that I don’t want to add anymore weight to my pack. Looking forward to what you find with yours!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I with you guys. Most of the odor that deer smell is from your head and breath. But this year, I will be in a blind up on a platform. So I ordered a small one that is made for 200 sq/ft in hopes that I can hunt with the wrong wind. One things for sure, if the wind is in your face, you need nothing.
I'll let you guys know what I find. I hope to finally get hunting this coming week! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck Don. The wind in your face is solid advice, unless one comes in behind you! I got busted this morning! :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm
Good luck Don. The wind in your face is solid advice, unless one comes in behind you! I got busted this morning! :lol: :lol:
Hehehe, it just occured to me.............a fool and his money :eusa-deadhorse:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I didn't see her until she started blowing & stomping, then when I turned a bit to see what she was going on about, she ran off with the white flag flying! :thumbdown:
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

With all the odor sprays etc on the market. Way easier to prevent cut down on odors of all kind.

Except. Your breath, very few are available.

Example#1. Setting a blind before elk season. Always know the wind. 3 nights in a row elk came in.

I was watching before hunt started, for a freind with a tag. I'm like it's a sure thing. First night he heard them but they didn't show, second night same thing.

Checked gear, and inspected everything.

Then I found the problem. Juicy fruit gum. He was trying to cover smoke, coffee breath.

3rd night no gum or coffee or smoke breath. He tagged out.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I found a little pile of chocolate covered almonds someone left in the woods on my way to the stands. Ate a couple of those, never got busted. Come to think of it nobody really spoke to me for the rest of the day.
I highly recommend them!

Use what makes you confident, that's what it comes down too.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Yep Rooster you should have simply posted a “WTB” in the trading post if you didn’t want opinions, those are hard to get away from once you open the door :lol:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 pm
Yep Rooster you should have simply posted a “WTB” in the trading post if you didn’t want opinions, those are hard to get away from once you open the door :lol:
Well then! He can buy mine if it doesn't work! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:39 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 pm
Well then! He can buy mine if it doesn't work! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbup: :lol:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

My thoughts if anyone is interested lol
20 years ago these scent control options didn't exist and most of us were still successful. I remember days back then I and friends use to camp out for nearly a week with odours from campfire smoke, food, same clothing and still bagged our deer or moose. So do we really need “scent control” gadgets products? I’ve seen this you tube vid (maybe some of you seen it) but this guy uses a designated washer and dyer and shower only for scent control he even used ‘scent controlled treated’ towels for him to walk on when exiting the shower! So all this effort he does, to me, is a waste of time once he travels to his hunting spot weather driving, walking he will pick up odours or his perspiration sweat. So, I’m not fully convinced. Well that was my take on the whole thing.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:21 pm
I am seriously thinking about picking up an Ozonics unit and am not looking to start a debate on opinions as to whether or not they work. Since most, if not all of my future hunting will be from the ground, I want to increase my scent elimination.
I am wondering if anyone out there has a used unit they would like to sell or knows of any deals anywhere.
Sorry, if this should be in the Trading Post section, let me know or move it.
Thanks
I've been using the HR200 for the last 3 years, do they work? I think they help but the ozone odor that it admits is still foreign to a deer nose. The unit just buys you time. If your interested in a forum member deal PM me. Comes with two batteries, one that came with unit "regular" and an extended battery. Two charging units and tree mount. The link below seems to work well for this hunter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_pwNPsz9-Q
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott