Matrix 350LE string issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Octane

Matrix 350LE string issues

Post by Octane »

Hey, I have a 350 LE that I’ve had constant string issues with I don’t shoot it much sight in before season hunt with it about 15 times and put it away until next season but every year I have to replace the string due to the black part missing chunks and the string part being overly frayed. It’s happened on every string I’ve had put on. I’m shooting the diablo bolts and 100 grain field points and 100 grain rage broadheads could that be to light of weight ? I’m confused my cousin has an Excalibur Phoenix and hasn’t changed his string in 3 years and still looks better then mine that was put on last fall, I just noticed it was starting to happen again. Thanks for your help.
Matrix 350 LE
Diablo bolts w/ lumenocks
Rage hypodermics 100 grains
xcaliber

Re: Matrix 350LE string issues

Post by xcaliber »

Lots of variables to nail down. I would think your trigger latches are chewing up the center serving. The fraying is most likely from rubbing against your clothes when you’re carrying your bow into and out of the woods. That just needs waxing. The serving is the biggest problem. I don’t know where you get your string, but most likely it has Angel Majesty serving which works best without waxing. Comparing the bows mentioned is apples and oranges. The angle of the string and weight required to give you the speed with a much smaller bow adds a lot more stress to the serving. Get that trigger latches issue resolved then get two good strings. Always keep a good spare on hand during the hunting season and enjoy your bow. You have a great model there.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Post a picture of the damage on the string and while it is mounted on the bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ironeyes

Post by ironeyes »

I get serving seperation on my 350LE also, but it's almost always just the left side. That is with factory, 60x, and Trinity strings. It's something it's always done.