busted in ground blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Re: busted in ground blind

Post by ko4nrbs »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:22 am
these deer are staring straight at the blind from across the field, wind in my favor. then they bolt off. blind has been there for about 6 weeks. they seem to know when I'm in it. they bed about 150 to 200 yards from the blind. side zippers only open about an inch or so to peek out of. think I'm gonna try brush blind.
Try painting the shooting window black with Fabric paint. When you are not there all they see is a camouflaged flap. When you open it they see a big black hole. Not saying that is it but worth a try. I painted all of mine. Deer walk right by mine within 10 to 15 yards.

Also I would stand where the deer were and look over my setup. Never know what you may discover.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

On all of my doghouse blinds l have safety pinned camo burlap inside to come down almost a foot. If you pin it from the inside you can still utilize the zipper. The window on them is too big for me when I'm sitting on a bucket l only need half the room.
I have found that l rarely spook game anymore. It works like a charm for deer and turkeys. Make it long and just trim with scissors gradually till your happy with the view.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Least amount of windows open and the darker the clothes you wear the better off you will be.
I have a cheap walmart blind and a Barnett Ox5. I have hunted many years out of them and killed many deer from a ground blind. I love using heaters too when it’s cold. But don’t use it first thing in the morning or right before dark because of the light.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

ChrisK wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:56 pm
Least amount of windows open and the darker the clothes you wear the better off you will be.
The moonlight and sun really light up my camo coveralls so I use a black piece of cloth folded in half with a hole cut in the center of it for my head. I just drape it over the coveralls. Covers down to my knees when sitting in my chair.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SHASON-TEXTILE-3-Yards-cut-POLY-KNIT-SOLID-FABRIC-FOR-CREATIVE-PROJECTS-PURPLE-Available-In-Multiple-Colors/54806140?variantFieldId=actual_color

I have a cheap walmart blind and a Barnett Ox5. I have hunted many years out of them and killed many deer from a ground blind. I love using heaters too when it’s cold. But don’t use it first thing in the morning or right before dark because of the light.

Me to. On really cold days can't wait for sun up!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I just leave the camo netting up in the windows of my blind and shoot through it. I use fixed blade broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have found two three things that make these work best.
1. Leaving it in a spot for extended periods. Run & gun hunters with blinds have a rough go.
2. Brushing them in. Think of it like this, If you pulled up in front of your house and seen a baseball in your lawn, you'd notice it!
3. Keep windows covered, open only what you need, and if you can, shoot through the mess, or keep a slit like LBJ does.

I have only had success running & gunning with firearms late in the season, and once during youth season which is last week of September here, and lush as can be.

Ghost Blind is for running & gunning! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I've been wearing black shirt and hood. leave big window open a crack to shoot,(doghouse blind). guess Ill try the little window next. I shoot mechanicals but may try bolt cutters next to shoot thru windows.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster