Bolts that come in pkg deal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

James McLaughlin

Bolts that come in pkg deal

Post by James McLaughlin »

I bought a Matrix 330. It came with carbon Diablos and the material that was in the pkg recommended using their 150 gr boltcutter for a 500 grain total bolt. 350 gr arrows and 150 gr broadhead. Is this a little on the heavy side or not? The combination is accurate, just wondered about the weight as I am a convert from uprights where we tried to keep arrow weight ad light a possible. Thanks in advance.
Dominic

Re: Bolts that come in pkg deal

Post by Dominic »

The diablo has 250grain. Your total arrow weight is 400grain with this setup.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

I have used the diablos with 150gr bolt cutters and rage hypodermics excellent results with both. Pass through on 5 deer and a coyote with my 350se.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

No not on the heavy side. I shoot a 330 myself.I started out with diablo and boltcutters.I switched to Wyvern's Custom 330 matrix arrows. As David would say straight arrows.I use a 100 gr. Wac Em crossbow 3 blade broadhead.Very happy with this setup on deer. Check out Wyvern's site and any questions email David.He gets back like it seems seconds lol He really knows this crossbow stuff. :thumbup:
James McLaughlin

Post by James McLaughlin »

Dominic, you are absolutely correct. I thought I remembered weighing them and they came in at 350...so I checked it again and it was 250 as you said. I'm getting old..got crs .